3d studio max courses

World architecture... what's happening generally....

3d studio max courses

Postby lugolin » Thu Aug 28, 2008 5:08 pm

I m a student in dublin and i was wondering if anyone could reccomend a good short 3d studio max evening course get me started. i can create 3d models using autocad so thats wd help me a lot with the new programme.
waiting for a positive answer!!!!
thank u for all.
lugolin

Re: 3d studio max courses

Postby prestidigitator » Sat Oct 25, 2008 10:25 pm

I would not reccomend a course like that, as u are a student. 3ds max courses typically are done over a couple of days and cost in the region of €1,500. not to mention the high cost of the actual program.

I would however recommend Google SketchUp. It can do most of what 3ds max does i.e. animation, modelling, rendering.... It's also free and very user friendly. There are tutorials on the website and a forum to help answer any queries you may have.

let your boss pay for 3ds max when the time comes :)
prestidigitator

Postby spoil_sport » Sat Oct 25, 2008 11:12 pm

Likewise.... with programs like 3D studio there is a real danger of getting hung up in how realistic the render looks rather than the quality of the space. and as far as I'm concerned, generally look crap anyway. SketchUp is fine, there are some tricks like turning off edges to make it look better, rhino is also worth a look, and with some clever photoshop both can be quiet convinving. If you are still interesded in renders, there are a number of plugins for sketchup, like su podium and v-ray which can render light, shadow, reflections, etc inside SketchUp, or artlantis is also worth a look and I believe you can get a free student version, and is very user friendly.
spoil_sport

Postby azeemi » Mon Oct 27, 2008 4:33 am

hi buddies,
I personally suggest you GoogleSketchUp very nice and great place to learn from startup you also find here Online tutorials and training classes.
I also learn many thinks from here and my last project is my personal website which is related to website design and development also has multimedia and 3D architectural Visualization section.

good luck.
azeemi

Postby Blisterman » Mon Oct 27, 2008 12:15 pm

Save your money, and buy a book to learn from.

I spent an hour a day working from a beginners guide to 3Ds max, and within a month, I knew enough to make some fairly convincing models.
Blisterman

Postby lomaany » Tue Dec 30, 2008 7:52 am

I am trying to run the app, the error message reads that the application is calling some non-existing address (00x0 or something like that) and could not be "run". I have uninstalled it again, but before I try to reinstall, does anybody have any ideas about what I can do to make it work this time? Should I uninstall iTunes and QuickTime first?

Return to World Architecture