Positive Comments About Architecture

Anything you would like to see on the website?

Positive Comments About Architecture

Postby shanekeane » Sun Sep 21, 2008 8:51 pm

Even by the standards of this country, the negativity of this website is ridiculous. Has anybody got anything positive to say about anything in this country? Apparently if you tell the fat bores who love to bitch and moan that they are bitchers and moaners, then you get a "warning" from the administrator.
shanekeane

Re: Positive Comments About Architecture

Postby notjim » Sun Sep 21, 2008 9:00 pm

what a negative post shanekeane and yet remarkably uninformative, who is fat by the way, I am always curious about what people look like.
notjim

Postby spoil_sport » Sun Sep 21, 2008 9:02 pm

I'll admit I could do with shedding a few pounds.
spoil_sport

Postby missarchi » Sun Sep 21, 2008 9:07 pm

I have received more than a warning :p
missarchi
Old Master

Postby notjim » Sun Sep 21, 2008 9:11 pm

Are you fat yourself shanekeane, your post was certainly both negative and boring?

spoil_sport, I am shocked, in my mind, following your massive ncc battle, I picture you as bulky but muscular, not fat.
notjim

Postby shanekeane » Sun Sep 21, 2008 9:16 pm

Hmm, yes I suppose it was a negative comment, lol. But if you make a negative comment which is negative about negativity in an attempt to foster positivity, then it can't be as bad as a negative comment about positivity which only attempts to foster negativity, or a negative comment which is negative for the sake of being negative.
shanekeane

Postby spoil_sport » Sun Sep 21, 2008 9:24 pm

I like the term big-boned.
spoil_sport

Postby notjim » Sun Sep 21, 2008 9:25 pm

I think your (-1)X(-1)=1 analogy is false, the correct analogy is 0X1=0, but to my mind a bigger problem with your post is its boringness, the same point has been made before and there are even existing, but uninteresting threads where the point is made.

A far better way to fight for positivity is to make positive comments in threads, being sure to say why you think things are good rather than just complaining that other people have made negative comments! This I think is a real problem with those who make this sort of negative about negativity comments; they don't demonstrate any mental muscle by supplying positive critiques and instead embark on some lame and hackneyed rant about nimbys and Irishness and so forth.
notjim

Postby Peter Fitz » Sun Sep 21, 2008 9:55 pm

shanekeane wrote:Has anybody got anything positive to say about anything in this country?

I do !
Peter Fitz

Postby Paul Clerkin » Sun Sep 21, 2008 10:34 pm

shanekeane wrote:Hmm, yes I suppose it was a negative comment, lol. But if you make a negative comment which is negative about negativity in an attempt to foster positivity, then it can't be as bad as a negative comment about positivity which only attempts to foster negativity, or a negative comment which is negative for the sake of being negative.

your comment was not negative - it was insulting of other members
Paul Clerkin
Old Master

Return to Suggestions & Announcements