also when i was in new york i loved the old art deco buildings that line the streets and avenues around central park.if only i could afford an apartment in one of them!
- Posts: 14
- Joined: Wed Dec 12, 2007 2:39 pm
I love the modern sleek facade and the tapering shape of the design..for me one of the top skyscrapers today
I also like the trump tower in chicago... It also has a sleek facade but also pays homage to the older chicago skyscrapers in its bulky design and step backs
How about bahrain world trade centre...not the best looking but i like the way the architect used sail like towers to direct the wind to the wind turbines...plus making it suit the location (seaside)
- bahrainwtc.jpg (65.67 KiB) Viewed 3135 times
- trump.jpg (259.92 KiB) Viewed 3708 times
- 1burj-dubai.jpg (52.12 KiB) Viewed 2510 times
- Shane M
- Posts: 8
- Joined: Sat Jun 21, 2008 7:40 pm
Hmm that's like saying take away the nipple and the rest is just a lump of flesh. Chrysler all the way...
- Posts: 122
- Joined: Wed Nov 23, 2005 9:28 pm
The Gherkin is a great design, touches the ground in a really nice way too.
As for proposed skyscrapers, the Torre Bicentenario in Mexico by OMA looks pretty slick.
- HSBC.jpg (53.85 KiB) Viewed 2352 times
- joh0-023.jpg (42.3 KiB) Viewed 2256 times
- bi1qy4.jpg (11.98 KiB) Viewed 2142 times
- torrebicentenariogderp7.jpg (55.39 KiB) Viewed 2107 times
- Posts: 313
- Joined: Wed Oct 26, 2005 10:03 am
- Location: Dublin
- Posts: 163
- Joined: Tue Feb 14, 2006 3:21 pm
- Location: London (Orignally Dublin)
- Posts: 1
- Joined: Fri Sep 19, 2008 4:25 am