maze stadium

maze stadium

Postby Paul Clerkin » Thu Dec 13, 2007 3:23 pm

Even though I reckon there's only half a chance of this been built.... here's the very preliminary designs for the proposed Maze Stadium

Paul Clerkin
Old Master

Re: maze stadium

Postby alonso » Thu Dec 13, 2007 5:16 pm

eh kinda reminds me a bit of another stadium about 103 miles south? ah whatever, looks good
alonso

Postby Starch » Thu Dec 13, 2007 5:21 pm

I always thought that this was such a strange place to build anything! ......I wish that this was proposed for somewhere more central, down at the harland and wolff dockyards or in east or west belfast, those areas really need this kind of investment..........
if someone can fill me in on the logic of this then please do
Starch

Postby ctesiphon » Thu Dec 13, 2007 5:43 pm

alonso wrote:eh kinda reminds me a bit of another stadium about 103 miles south? ah whatever, looks good

Except for the physical context, which appears to lack any of the features that made Lansdowne such an inappropriate spot for that type of development. ;)
ctesiphon
Old Master

Postby alonso » Thu Dec 13, 2007 6:01 pm

ctesiphon wrote:Except for the physical context, which appears to lack any of the features that made Lansdowne such an inappropriate spot for that type of development. ;)

yeh true enough. However they can have the appropriate site context, we can have the appropriate location! Bring on the All Ireland Soccer League, rumoured this week
alonso

Postby JoePublic » Thu Dec 13, 2007 6:11 pm

What's the capacity?
JoePublic

Postby Paul Clerkin » Thu Dec 13, 2007 6:13 pm

The plan is for a 35,000-seater stadium for soccer and rugby, and the provision of more seats for GAA fans.
Paul Clerkin
Old Master

Postby cgcsb » Thu Dec 13, 2007 7:51 pm

Starch wrote:I always thought that this was such a strange place to build anything! ......I wish that this was proposed for somewhere more central, down at the harland and wolff dockyards or in east or west belfast, those areas really need this kind of investment..........
if someone can fill me in on the logic of this then please do

The logic is that it's the only land owned by the public authorities large enough to accomidate such a large scale developement that is even remotely close to Belfast. Not that it'll actually be built or anything. Public building in the north is shocking, it takes 7 years to build a dual carrigeway by-pass of a small village
cgcsb

Postby Cute Panda » Fri Dec 14, 2007 12:42 am

The anchor tenant Linfield FC has basically told the IFA and nothern sports council to get stuffed as they want to remain at Windsor Park. If you read some of the comments on foot.ie about it from Linfield supporters the whole deal has gone really sour with legal action being taken left right and centre. According to a lot of their fans they want Linfield to join the eircom League rather than move there.
Cute Panda

Postby Goofy » Fri Dec 14, 2007 6:43 pm

Paul Clerkin wrote:The plan is for a 35,000-seater stadium for soccer and rugby, and the provision of more seats for GAA fans.

This i dont get. A GAA pitch is bigger than soccer and rugby pitches. So where are the extra seats going to be put. Will GAA fans have to share seats:D
Goofy

Return to Ireland