Villa E-1027, Roquebrune Cap Martin

World architecture... what's happening generally....

Villa E-1027, Roquebrune Cap Martin

Postby scrafferty » Thu Aug 23, 2007 3:55 pm

Hello,
I am a postgraduate student at the Mackintosh School of Architecture and I am doing my Dissertation on the Villa E.1027 by Eileen Gray, Located in Roquebrune Capt Martin, it is sited along side Le Corbusier's Le Cabonon. I need to get access to the villa for some measured drawings/ photographs. I am aware that the Villa is currently inaccessible due to future refurbishment.

Does anybody know of any contacts within the French government and/ or the local authority, so that I may gain access to the villa for a short space of time? Thanks

Sean
scrafferty

Re: Villa E-1027, Roquebrune Cap Martin

Postby lorkel » Mon Oct 15, 2007 4:38 pm

Hi, I'm a 3rd year student in Dublin and we visited E1027 last March during our study trip to the South of France. The house was under renovation then also and closed to the public, but somehow, our year head was able to organise a tour. I think it was the local mayor that gave us the tour. He brought us through the building and he had a booklet of photos of the house in its original condition with him, which he showed us throughout the tour. It was amazing to see the differences between the current state of the building and how it was back then. I'm not sure how you can organise the visit, but I would try the mayor of the town first!
lorkel

Return to World Architecture