Books....

Anything you would like to see on the website?

Books....

Postby MG » Wed Mar 10, 1999 9:36 am

As someone who visits this site again and again just to keep up with the new information, might I suggest that you have a books review section on Dublin and Irish architecture. Very useful for those of us outside Ireland.
MG

Postby choughto » Sat Mar 27, 1999 10:54 pm

Great Idea!
choughto

Postby JSmyth » Tue Mar 30, 1999 7:29 am

Excellent Idea..... proper book reviews and where to get them......
JSmyth

Postby Paul Clerkin » Tue Mar 30, 1999 8:16 am

Ok... we can look into that although I'm not sure what is the best way to do it... one can only read so many books at a time...

would people be interested in sending in reviews?
Paul Clerkin
Old Master

Postby dkkeener » Sat Apr 17, 1999 11:24 pm

Hmmmm... reviews of books on Irish architecture. It just so happens that I am working on putting together a small site that will include just that. It's early days though, and I will be concentrating primarily on information on building conservation issues, but if those in search of such reviews can hold their breath long enough, help may be on the way. (If anyone would care to review 'Bungalow Bliss' for me, please let me know...)
dkkeener

Postby aoife1 » Tue Aug 01, 2000 11:55 am

Bungalow Bliss. Can anyone help? I am working on an exhibition project (Museum of Domestic Design and Architecture in London) on the culture of suburban bungalows in the West of Ireland and would very much like to get copies of teh original Bungalow Bliss books as published in the 1970s.
aoife1

Postby James P. McQuillan » Tue Aug 01, 2000 4:15 pm

I think that this book page is a good ýdea - indeed I suggested ýt some time ago, and would be delýghted to write short revýews of recent and topical books of importance.

So watch out for my first offering in due course!
James P. McQuillan

Postby Paul Clerkin » Wed Aug 30, 2000 6:32 pm

Okay, as I've been busy writing a book myself, I haven't had time to do this recently. But I expect to have such a database running next week, so start thinking about reviews of books you have read.
Paul Clerkin
Old Master

Return to Suggestions & Announcements