More fuzzy stuff

World architecture... what's happening generally....

More fuzzy stuff

Postby cajard » Mon Sep 25, 2000 12:53 pm

Sustainable building or architecture, (or more appropriately sustainable livelihoods) is a process that involves four main aspects: Social concerns, Cultural concerns, economic concerns, and environmental concerns. Each one should be considered equally when designing anything from a spoon to an office block or some other big thing.

But to unroot myself from my mundane grounding, I agree that Architecture is about much more than just building. If I didn't, I wouldn't be studying architecture anymore.
We are responsible for so many things, we must be competent team leaders, project managers, volounteers, educated spokespeople and willing to take on any task, in the name of Architecture(whatever that is.).
We must be resourceful and open minded. We have a big job to do, cleaning up this planet, and making sure that the bad stuff doesn't happen all over again. This is why history is important.

I'll feed myself anything in the way of knowledge and learning, be it from the doctrines of Christian cults, to the chaos theory. If I can't understand then it's not for me, and it's filtered out anyway along with all the other junk. But what's left behind is sometimes a gem, and insight.
It may not be the truth but it's a step closer. I tend towards the truth like one over infinity,..... man!

Knowldge gained is knowledge
Knowledge used is insight.
I know or believe that most people are like this, how do I know? I relate to them everyday. I want to hear more of it in this forum.

yours in longing

..............Could the confused and rampant psychopaths leave the hatchets at home today pretty please.........
cajard

Postby cajard » Mon Sep 25, 2000 1:02 pm

I actually thought that I was replying to Best School of Architecture in the World but I apparently started an new topic. oops!

Maybe It should be called

CHILD OF BEST SCHOOL OF ARCHITECTURE IN THE WORLD... eh?
cajard

Postby MK » Mon Sep 25, 2000 1:39 pm

Is this site becoming a pin up board for confused teens? Im getting bored with all this dicky student nonsense. All students please go to college and learn, stop filling this forum with your confused pseudo-intellectual garble, it makes this site very tedious & inaccessable for those with serious issues to discuss.
Thank you.
MK

Postby duncan » Tue Sep 26, 2000 5:54 pm

dear mk
i believe these issues are very important
things are happening here
will you email me so i can invite you in or get your views as to what "important issues" are
thanks dunk
duncan

Postby MK » Wed Sep 27, 2000 9:18 am

Duncan,
I have read all of your posts on this forum & I do agree that these are very important issues.
However, as Im sure you have noticed, all the student related debates seem to turn to petty squabbling or just absolute childish banality. You as being an active member of ASA, should point out to your fellow students the futility of deriding these forums.
Do you think that James Horan hasn't read all of the issues up for debate? You achieve a pyrric victory when the very issues that are most important to young architects are at first debated, and then ridiculed. Im would presume that Mr. Horan can do nothing but smile every time you stage a serious debate and your peers use it to test their tabloid journalistic skills.
I welcome a serious forum, can you ensure that, in the future, issues discussed can be kept in mature and intelligent state.
Thank you,
MK
MK

Postby A1 student » Wed Sep 27, 2000 9:36 am

I could'nt agree, I mean everyone who has attended a third level college in Ireland has had some degree of hardship whether they be poor teaching standards, unsuitable working conditions,lack of materials, etc... A major factor to be considered by every student is education of oneself.
A1 student

Postby duncan » Thu Oct 05, 2000 7:23 pm

cajard
whats the link to your mozambique project ?
duncan

Postby o » Sat Oct 07, 2000 2:25 pm

A1 student
just because many students in third level education endure hardship, it doesnt mean you have to accept it.

in the dit, the money is there to provide the computers and the facilities we need. administration doesnt do enough to get these facilities, it ignores the fact that many staff members dont do the job they are paid to do and seem to be prepared to accept the fact that the standards are slipping in bolton street and not ask why. that is why it is up to the students and the few members of staff who actually give a s*** to fight for what they are entitled to.
o

Return to World Architecture