Advice on transferring to UCD from the UK

World architecture... what's happening generally....

Advice on transferring to UCD from the UK

Postby stuarthart » Wed Nov 29, 2006 1:46 am

I am an Irish student currently studying in the University of Dundee, in Scotland and I have just completed my Part 1 (in June 06). Recently for personal reasons I have thought about transferring from Dundee to UCD to sit my final two years for my Part 2.

I am in a predicament as I don't know a great deal about the course in UCD (how different it is in is teaching methodology etc.). Also the course in Dundee has now shifted to meet new EU changes and as a result I receive my B.Arch after 4th year and a masters degree after fifth year. So I am wondering whether it would be wiser for me to remain in Dundee??

I don't even know if I am too late to apply for matriculation into UCD for Sept 07, since its only something I've recently had to consider.

If anybody has any knowledge or input into my above HEADACHE I would be most grateful!!

Thanks
stuarthart

Re: Advice on transferring to UCD from the UK

Postby Bren88 » Wed Nov 29, 2006 2:25 am

Well if you stay in Dundee, you will have the degree a year earlier as its 5 for B.Arch. And for the same time that you would spend at UCD to get B.Arch, you'll have a masters in dundee.
I'd stay where you are. Changing college will always cause problems with course content. And you have something to gain by staying there.
Bren88

Return to World Architecture