84%
Will parking be a problem
6%
Will the building take from the city centre
10%

Total votes : 63

New Devolpments in Limerick

Postby Dec29 » Mon Jun 26, 2006 11:21 pm

The New Riverpiont Building in Limerick is a Stunning building and looks Good when you come in over the Shannon Bridge.
Bedford row Redevolpment is coming on well and will be finished by 2007.
Anyone Agree Cruises street needs a clean up.The Sign entering it around William street are terrible.
Dec29

Re: New Devolpments in Limerick

Postby Dec29 » Tue Jun 27, 2006 3:35 am

See Attached on Limerick Post about redevelopent in the city centre.Will be a huge undertaking if it happens.

http://www2.limerickpost.ie/fullnews.elive?id=63&category=news
Dec29

Postby PoxyShamrok » Tue Jun 27, 2006 4:22 am

yeah i noticed that sign too! Some should get onto the council about a new sign. Riverpoint does look georgeous when coming over the Shannon Bridge but i must say the bridge is in need of a lick of paint! I saw recently a clip showing Limerick in the early 90's and it looked very nice but now the faded red (now dark pink) and cream paint is covered in dust and dirt from cars and trucks crossing the bridge! Also the path needs a power hosing, in the clip i saw the path was very new and clean looking!!!
PoxyShamrok

Postby PVC King » Tue Jun 27, 2006 11:49 am

I'm a big fan of large City Centre shopping centres once the site clearance doesn't effect the skyline, layout and heritage of the City they are sited.

The Bullring Shopping Centre in Birmingham UK is a perfect example of how a single project has brought many suburbanites back into the centre.
PVC King

Postby CologneMike » Tue Jun 27, 2006 12:18 pm

Dec29 wrote:The New Riverpiont Building in Limerick is a Stunning building and looks Good when you come in over the Shannon Bridge.
Bedford row Redevolpment is coming on well and will be finished by 2007.
Anyone Agree Cruises street needs a clean up.The Sign entering it around William street are terrible.

Two LimerickThreads? :(

I find starting a second general thread over developments in Limerick as not helpful due to duplication of information etc etc. It has been been best served by the thread “](See thread “developments in cork” Page 1 / Post 1)[/B]

A specific thread titled “Will the new opera shopping centre benefit limerick city centre” including the poll would be more appropriate.
CologneMike
Old Master

Postby Dec29 » Tue Jun 27, 2006 9:01 pm

CologneMike.I had a look at that thread and it has not been updated in a while.I had a good look at the website and lots of Dicussions on Galway/Cork and Dublin.I think Limerick Needs a New one to highlight the progress in limerick city and county.

The Docklands Devlopment is worth a thread as well.As it is causing a bit of trouble at the moment.
Also Would like to know peoples comments on some streets in the city that could do with a cleaning up.
Pls Name a few
Dec29

Postby CologneMike » Tue Jun 27, 2006 11:55 pm

Dec29 wrote:CologneMike.I had a look at that thread and it has not been updated in a while.I had a good look at the website and lots of Dicussions on Galway/Cork and Dublin.I think Limerick Needs a New one to highlight the progress in limerick city and county.

The Docklands Devlopment is worth a thread as well.As it is causing a bit of trouble at the moment.
Also Would like to know peoples comments on some streets in the city that could do with a cleaning up.
Pls Name a few

Two LimerickThreads? :(

Like I said your opening of a second general thread on Limerick is not helpful. I would have thought that one would first contribute one’s ideas to the existing Limerick thread, getting involved with the other regular posters and then eventually seeking a feed back on starting up a new general Limerick thread.
You should have a second closer look at the Limerick thread, it’s more active than you think, boasts just under 700 posts with 55,000 viewings!

P.S. Do bear in mind that archiseek is read world wide, do pay a little bit more attention to detail, as a fellow Limerick man I do have my pride. :o Intentionally or not but it does not look good when the title of a thread has a misspelling.
CologneMike
Old Master

Postby CologneMike » Fri Jun 30, 2006 1:15 am

Dec29 wrote:CologneMike.I had a look at that thread and it has not been updated in a while.I had a good look at the website and lots of Dicussions on Galway/Cork and Dublin.I think Limerick Needs a New one to highlight the progress in limerick city and county.

Pls Name a few

Dec29, looks like I will have to eat my own words! :eek:

Re: developments in cork

Am closing this thread..... mega threads like this are too unweildy

for future reference i'd like separate threads per area... ie a cork docklands, cork ring road, patricks street etc

over time i'll split this thread and its predesscor into pieces

See Link: http://www.archiseek.com/content/showpost.php?p=52958&postcount=2177

Re: Cork Transport

Hello Paul, you state that the discussion forum for Ireland is having an IT-Problem due heavy traffic on popular general threads. I share the same views stated on the Cork thread against fragmenting a general thread. A solution might be found by sub-dividing the Ireland discussion forum into regions such as South, Mid-West, Dublin etc, etc. Within these regions only specific threads should prevail like Docklands, Shopping-Centers, ……….?

Is this possible? There some 2800 threads dealing with Ireland!

http://www.boards.ie use the same software (Powered by vBulletin) as Archiseek and they use regions to organize their threads.

See Link: http://www.archiseek.com/content/showpost.php?p=53039&postcount=4
CologneMike
Old Master

Return to Ireland