Best Universities (UK,CA, MA)

World architecture... what's happening generally....

Best Universities (UK,Canada and Malaysia)

Postby tu160 » Sat Aug 21, 2004 11:44 pm

Hi,

I just want to ask about the best Universities in UK, Canada and Malayisa (to study architecture)?

I graduated from Hight School (Natural Sciences) we don't study ART, and my marks in Maths= not good, so is this a problem? :D

(I'm not from ASIA)
tu160

Postby meemoOo » Wed Aug 25, 2004 2:03 am

i dont think it is a problem..the math we study in architecture might seem difficult but in fact it has more common sense to do with it..
meemoOo

Re: Best Universities (UK,CA, MA)

Postby CM00 » Mon Nov 15, 2004 10:07 pm

Apparently Nottingham is the place to be in the UK. The Mackintosh School in Scotland is quite popular as well...
CM00

Postby Paul Clerkin » Tue Nov 16, 2004 7:58 pm

In Canada, I'm not sure. But a weekly magazine here, Macleans, rates universities every year, so perhaps finding the recent issue of that would help you with Canadian universities....
Paul Clerkin
Old Master

Postby exxxodia » Thu Dec 16, 2004 8:33 pm

University of Sheffield and Nottingham are very good....and they are cheaper than Glasgow in Scottland
exxxodia

Postby nukey » Tue Jan 18, 2005 2:08 pm

Don't forget the Architectural Association, the Bartlett and University of North London. They are all strong in their own ways and if you like Peter Salter and his style you should check out the University of East Londn...
nukey

Postby dcvora_23 » Sat Sep 24, 2005 9:19 am

Hi,

i have just compeleted my B.ARCHITECTURE form India and looking forward to do my masters so right now i m serching for the best Universities either in UK, Canada, Usa or Australia.(to study architecture)?

so if anyone guide me in this direction ,i will be gretful to him/her.
my mail id is dream_saloni@yahoo.com

thanks
dcvora_23

Postby jamesmcbennett » Sat Jan 14, 2006 5:03 pm

You can get a book on best universities in uk, one is by virgin, and one by 'the times' Uk, just ask in easons, the architecture section will only be 2 pages, so pick it up in easons and read it (don't buy it an leave) it will list off university league table 1st 2nd 3rd etc.

But consider different books have different tables, nottingham was top on one, while cambridge is top on another. also someone mentioned the mack in glasgow that has a very bad rep in those books, but is supposably quite good, I think AA is not suitable for people coming st8 out of school. But double check all these things as they are just things i've heard rather than researched.

Note Cambridge school of architecture is closing down to the best of my knowlegde.
jamesmcbennett

Postby AKT » Mon May 29, 2006 2:31 pm

dcvora_23 wrote:Hi,

i have just compeleted my B.ARCHITECTURE form India and looking forward to do my masters so right now i m serching for the best Universities either in UK, Canada, Usa or Australia.(to study architecture)?

so if anyone guide me in this direction ,i will be gretful to him/her.
my mail id is dream_saloni@yahoo.com

thanks

there are a few god ones in london, UEL, UCL Architectural association
UEL is good , especially if you arent too much into engineering,but more conceptual in your ideas.;
AKT

Postby agnes87 » Sun Jun 04, 2006 11:07 am

I wonder which is the best uni to study interior architecture degree in UK? i'm currently taking diploma in interior architecture course in Malaysia and would like to further my study. Robert gordon Uni in scotland is it good in interior architecture? I would like to know more abt this uni or other unis in UK ot other europe country. Which is the best place to study interior architecture?

And by the way, Malaysia in not an ideal place to study, education here is worse than any other countries, and is not safe to stay as well, so guys don't even think about further study here. A lot of residence here began to migrate to other countries since here is getting worse.
agnes87

Return to World Architecture