Do you know any really unusual homes in Canada?

World architecture... what's happening generally....

Do you know any really unusual homes in Canada?

Postby nikki.tilley » Tue Dec 13, 2005 3:46 pm

I am writing from a Tv company in the UK called Pioneer Productions (http://www.pioneertv.com).

We are making a series for HGTV (Home and Garden Network) entitled World's Most Extreme Homes. In this series we will be traveling the globe to find some of the most extraordinary and unsual homes in all the world.

I am looking for homes in Canada to feature in the series. So if you know a truly distinctive house then please let me know. It can be anything from an innovative piece of architecture to the more wild and wacky places some people call home.

My email address is nikki.tilley@pioneertv.com

Many thanks and I look forward to hearing from you.
Nikki
nikki.tilley

Re: Do you know any really unusual homes in Canada?

Postby L1 » Tue Dec 20, 2005 9:23 pm

You know, sensationalist architectural programs of novel one-offs are legion. How about a serious warts'n all look at the state of residential architecture in Canada? The neverending sub-divisions, the sprawling suburbs and malls? Perhaps that wouldn't make such good TV though.
L1

Re: Do you know any really unusual homes in Canada?

Postby Judgeetox » Thu Mar 30, 2006 7:00 pm

If you are in Toronto, try looking at the "House" (it was origionally planned as one anyway)......you can find this where King st. E. / Eastern ave. / Front st. meet on the west side of the don River. I remember it being built in the 1980s sometime and it always provides a chuckle whenever someone sees it for the first time. Think it's a movie prop now. Next time I get there , I'll snap a photo
Judgeetox

Return to World Architecture