porfolio content

World architecture... what's happening generally....

porfolio content

Postby paulf » Mon Feb 27, 2006 6:05 pm

Hi,
I'm applying to UL as a mature student for a place on the Architecture undergraduate course. I'm in the process of finalising my portfolio and would really appreciate some feedback from people who have prepared portfolios for such courses in the past. Right now I've got lots of photos, of both building and nature, and some sketches of different ideas but prob only 2 or 3 that I would consider any good. You need between 15 and 20 pieces so I'm looking for ideas. I haven't gone any experience of model building, I've lots of technical drawing peices but they request you don't include these. Any advice would be most appreciated. I still have a couple of weeks and would love to hear about specific examples people have included in their portfolios in the past. Thanks a million. Paul.
paulf

Re: porfolio content

Postby sw101 » Mon Feb 27, 2006 9:15 pm

sketch some buildings that you like, historical and contemporary.
sketch technical objects, pieces of furniture, even people if you have the skill. if you can demonstrate an eye for form, texture, and perspective you'll be more likely to impress.

best of luck with it.
sw101

Postby paulf » Tue Feb 28, 2006 8:01 pm

Thank you for the tips.
paulf

Postby Bren88 » Wed Mar 08, 2006 9:09 pm

Technically drawing can come in useful because they can be used to draw very accurate perspectives of buildings. Which you can then trace the building (or whatever) onto another sheet without construction lines, and shade it.
Bren88

Return to World Architecture