10 years

Anything you would like to see on the website?

10 years

Postby Paul Clerkin » Fri Oct 21, 2005 4:40 pm

In late June 1996, I started a small website on Geocities about Busaras. A few months later I started another small website on the buildings of Dublin called Architectural Dublin on my then employer's website nua.ie at nua.ie/archdublin/ - these two sites became archeire in early 1997

So next year is in reality ten years since this all started....

any suggestions for additions / events to organise for next autumn?

incidentally the architectural dublin site went live nine years ago this week..... and to think i thought that i would have it finished in a year or so....
Paul Clerkin
Old Master

Re: 10 years

Postby ewankennedy » Fri Oct 21, 2005 5:31 pm

A party??? All members invited. P-A-R-T-Why? Why not!
ewankennedy

Postby PVC King » Fri Oct 21, 2005 5:45 pm

I second that an archeire evening is long over due
PVC King

Postby ctesiphon » Fri Oct 21, 2005 6:59 pm

Pro-am golf tournament- architects/planners paired with the common man? :)
Please don't take that seriously!

A party could be a good idea- does anyone else dj in their spare time? I could look after the Bulgarian wedding music end of things... :eek: Though if we had a party, it could be like one of those wartime army dances, where certain gentlemen have to play the roles of ladies due to a slight gender imbalance (or am I misreading the membership terribly?).

Or how about walking tours, lectures, etc given by members in the know, say of buildings worked on or studied for theses etc? An archeire/critical mass bike ride? The docklands treasure hunt? An 'original or pastiche' table quiz? Name that building? Or a 'Which member said, on xxx thread, the following: ---' quiz? Dublin vs the rest of the world football?

Would we really want to reveal ourselves so publicly though? Imagine never being able to get stuck into someone on a thread because you have a shared interest in fishing!

Whatever is decided, nice work on getting it this far in the meantime.
ctesiphon
Old Master

Postby sw101 » Sat Oct 22, 2005 12:11 am

what that man said. congrats on the site going so well for so long. keep up the good work.
sw101

Postby dave123 » Sat Oct 22, 2005 12:35 am

Im still relativley new to this site. this site is just going from strenght to strenght.

Well done on it !
dave123

Return to Suggestions & Announcements