Help pease: trying to find series of tram/light rail stops in Germany or Nederlands

World architecture... what's happening generally....

Help pease: trying to find series of tram/light rail stops in Germany or Nederlands

Postby jamesinbelfast » Fri May 20, 2005 1:10 pm

Hello,

Some time ago a couple of the British or European journals (I can't remember which - possibly the AR) did a feature on a series of tram or light rail stations, somewhere in western Europe, probably Netherlands or Germany.

There were quite a few of them, all built on the same frame, but with different architects and designers personalizing stops with different materials and colours. About 1000mm deep, a couple of meters long and three or four metres tall, with an alcove with a built in bench for sitting, and a recessed station sign and timetable panel.

Can anyone tell me where they are, or who designed them?

Thanks!

*j* :confused:
jamesinbelfast

Re: Help pease: trying to find series of tram/light rail stops in Germany or Nederlands

Postby Paul Clerkin » Fri May 20, 2005 1:17 pm

is that Hanover
Paul Clerkin
Old Master

Re: Help pease: trying to find series of tram/light rail stops in Germany or Nederlands

Postby jamesinbelfast » Fri May 20, 2005 1:20 pm

I think it could be, although this one is a lot more colourful than the ones I remember...

http://mic-ro.com/metro/400/hanover-steintor-400.jpg

Thanks!

*j*
jamesinbelfast

Postby corcaighboy » Sat May 21, 2005 6:10 am

Not sure you will find what you are looking for on the attached link, but there may be some shots in the photogallery or alternatively one of the links may be of use.
http://www.lrta.org/
corcaighboy

Postby JJ » Mon May 23, 2005 9:14 am

Hanover was the system with the different materials used for its tram stops.
JJ
JJ

Postby tungstentee » Mon May 23, 2005 12:46 pm

Check out the journal DETAIL 4/2000 "Urban Planning Details"

Compositional Transport Structures between Serialization and Individuality: the EXPO Urban-Rail Platforms for the D-South Line in Hannover
tungstentee

Return to World Architecture