Buzzards Bay "Competition"

World architecture... what's happening generally....

Buzzards Bay "Competition"

Postby asuehtkcuf » Thu May 05, 2005 12:21 pm

Is it not ironic that all the 'winners' at the Buzzards bay Competition happen to be Americans? Is it not even more ironic that all winners are somehow conected to schools where members of the jury are active? Of all the international entires not even one was deemed good enough to win even the slimmest prize? Should internationals even bother to work for these American competitions? It feels like this whole great 'ideas' competition was simply fixed. But I can just be a little bit paranoid.
Thoughts and Comments?
asuehtkcuf

Re: Buzzards Bay "Competition"

Postby asuehtkcuf » Thu May 05, 2005 12:23 pm

Go USA! Dominate the whole world!
asuehtkcuf

Postby asuehtkcuf » Mon May 09, 2005 9:22 pm

Come on now! What's happening with Buzzards Bay. They have not posted the winners panels. Everybody's curious to see the superiority of American designers!!
Any comments? Or is everybody a whimp here?
asuehtkcuf

Postby MatB » Tue May 10, 2005 2:26 am

Who cares. Just leave the Americans to rot in their own mess.

One day the majority will figure out that their country sucks and only looks after the rich few.

Nothing another civil war wont fix.
MatB

Postby dmuir » Tue May 10, 2005 3:31 am

I've entered a few international competitions and I'm always surprised that the jury has selected local firms. I've wondered whether the language gave it away, or maybe it was some local knowledge about the site or the program. Maybe it was even recognition of the firm. Trust me, Americans have no corner on this kind of prejudice. Spanish firms have had priority, as have Scandanavians. I think your anxiety/prejudice about Americans is ill-founded and naive. Kinda sad that you see it as a national prejudice. Your not paranoid, just naive. Did you even consider, they may have fielded a better team.
dmuir

Return to World Architecture