Archiseek, the next version

Anything you would like to see on the website?

Re: Archiseek, the next version

Postby Paul Clerkin » Thu Dec 02, 2004 7:50 am

just realised that another anniversary of archeire has just passed... over eight years now.... time flies when you're having fun

it was a little over eight years ago, that the small version of this site got mentioned in yahoo dispatches and the server went crazy.....

Yahoo
International Pick of the Week 25.11.1996
Architectural Dublin

Perhaps what you really need to win at bingo is the luck of the Irish. Well, okay, if not their luck, then at least their architecture. Not just any old architecture, either - we're talking the real McCoy here: Architectural Dublin, a fascinating tour of exactly what the title suggests. A work in progress, the site currently offers a look at "the myriad glories" of Dublin's architectural development from medieval times through the 17th and 18th Centuries. Soon to be included: the 19th and 20th Centuries. In the meantime, read about and view images of Trinity College, Christchurch Cathedral and Dublin Castle, amongst others. In short, visit this beautifully done site to see everything that makes Dublin so...so... so... well, so Dublin-like.
Paul Clerkin
Old Master

Postby PVC King » Mon Dec 13, 2004 9:16 pm

That was a great review of http://www.p45.net you got in the indo today,

I see they have forgiven you for the taking of christ gag of a few years back :p
PVC King

Postby Paul Clerkin » Mon Dec 13, 2004 9:59 pm

Yeah... excellent little piece
They have decided that it didnt happen - they removed all mentions of the story from their internet archive including inserting a blank area in the pdf of the frontpage of the day they splashed it all over the paper
Paul Clerkin
Old Master

Postby William Steward » Sun Feb 13, 2005 7:51 pm

Paul...great work on this site. I came to it since I was contemplating advertising for staff and hence found "archiseek" - not exactly what I was looking for but it captued my attention nonetheless. You might consider adding a job notice board of some kind in a future version (maybe there is and I missed it). Although I came to the site by mistake I will be a regular visitor.
William Steward

Forums format

Postby Devin » Fri Aug 26, 2005 7:10 pm

I miss the way the post subject used to appear, in smaller font, in the main post area, rather than in a separate margin at the top of the post (where the thread title automatically appears unless changed). This feature was used to good effect by chewy (where is he these days?). It was handy if you wanted to change the direction of the thread slightly or pick up on what someone else said without necessarily quoting them. Now, the post subject (if you put one in) can be too easily missed.
And you can’t even put it back in manually since the different font sizes were taken off a few weeks ago…..moan, moan…
Devin
Old Master

Postby PVC King » Tue Apr 18, 2006 8:19 pm

Any chance of a poll on the Soho topic?
PVC King

Previous

Return to Suggestions & Announcements