Toronto contemporary architecture suggestions

World architecture... what's happening generally....

Toronto contempory architecture suggestions

Postby Paul Clerkin » Thu May 27, 2004 2:21 pm

a friend of mine is going to Toronto in a few weeks - he's quite into architecture and wondering what he should go and see - contemporary work preferred...

he knows about the Alsop building at OCAD....
Paul Clerkin
Old Master

Postby Paul Clerkin » Thu May 27, 2004 2:23 pm

Actually answering my own question...

here's recent award winners in ontario
http://canada.archiseek.com/news/2004/000105.html

and nationwide winners - some of which are in Toronto, centre of the universe...
http://canada.archiseek.com/news/2004/000136.html
Paul Clerkin
Old Master

Postby RSJ » Thu May 27, 2004 3:11 pm

I am that friend, hello everyone. Architecture of course, but also - what are the best bars and restaurants to head for?
RSJ

Toronto Architecture

Postby L1 » Sat May 29, 2004 11:56 pm

I loved Arthur Ericksons Roy Thompson Hall, glitzy foyer & enclosed outdoor space, designed in '76. You could look for something by Breathe(green) architects, think they have a pair of houses somewhere.
Generally little Italy is good for restaurants including one on a corner, very old-fashioned but the name escapes me....
L1

Postby David Gray » Mon Jun 07, 2004 10:21 pm

The Design Exchange at 234 Bay Street (former Stock Exchange building) in Toronto is currently hosting an exhibit illustrating the role Canadian architects are taking in shaping the face of public institutions as diverse as art galleries, hospitals, universities and public utility facilities. The exhibition runs to June 20 and gives a broad overview of recent work by some of Toronto's leading practices.
David Gray

Re: Toronto contemporary architecture suggestions

Postby Judgeetox » Thu Apr 13, 2006 6:26 am

(Bars)-the Bedford Academy on Prince Arthur Blvd is good...... the greastest Pub in Toronto in my opinion is the Atrful Dodger (arguments to follow I'm sure). I guess it all depends on your age and the atmosphere you are looking for RSJ....have a great time
Judgeetox

Return to World Architecture