thesis

World architecture... what's happening generally....

thesis

Postby ganesh » Mon Aug 04, 2003 8:54 am

wanted help frm all u great minds out there, to select a suitable thesis topic to complete my final yr of the architecture degree.
ganesh

Postby sw101 » Tue Aug 05, 2003 1:26 pm

i'm struggling with the same problem, i'll be doing my last year after this sabbatical year, and the subject of thesis topic is on my mind. i'd suggest you pick a site and theme carefully. over here its usual to pick several areas of interest, investigate them all then make an informed decision to develop.

i'd advise you pick a site you know well, with good reasons for your choice. dont pick a field beside your house because its an easy survey. look around you. where should things be built? what areas need development and rejuvenation? where could your work make a positive impact? because when it comes down to it that should be the basis on which we accept projects, and the generator for our designs.

keep us posted on where you go with this. its interesting to see a budding architect make these decisions. because in the real world they must be made almost on a daily basis
sw101

THESI MEANING OPINION IN GREEK

Postby dimi » Wed Nov 05, 2003 11:59 pm

SO WE ALL SEEM TO BE IN A SIMILAR POSITION . EVERYONE IN HIS/HER SIDE OF THE WORLD TRYING TO MAKE SOMETHING OUT OF HIS/HER STUDIES.
WHAT IS IMPORTANT TO KEEP IN MIND AND ASK YOURSELF IS WHAT YOU REALLY WANT TO SHOW WITH YOUR THESI. TAKE A DEEP HONEST LOOK IN YOUR DESIRES AND YOUR DREAMS AND TRY THE MOST EXAGERRATED IDEA... THE THESI IS ONLY ONETIME(OK MAYBE MORE SOMETIMES...) AND STILL NOT AS IMPORTANT AS IT MAY SEEM . IT IS IMPORTANT ONLY FOR YOU AND FEW PEOPLE AROUND YOU . HONESTLY YOU THINK ANYONE GIVES A DAMN ABOUT YOUR SUCCESS OR NOT ? YOU THINK I CARE FOR YOUR IDEAS?
TRY TO IMPRESS ME AND IMRESS YOURSELF...

...00:57 ..............................
dimi

Postby priyasm » Wed Mar 10, 2004 3:58 pm

even i wud like some topic sugestions
priyasm

Postby ro_G » Wed Mar 10, 2004 8:10 pm

most importantly remember that your thesis will likely be incomprehensible unless you can learn how to spell 'would' 'year' or 'you'.

tch. kids these days etc. etc. cant even bothered typing a sentence with a full compliment of vowels and consonants, never mind actually come up with a thesis topic all by themselves.
ro_G

Postby .milos » Mon May 03, 2004 2:39 am

Originally posted by ro_G
tch. kids these days etc. etc. cant even bothered typing a sentence with a full compliment of vowels and consonants, never mind actually come up with a thesis topic all by themselves.

Well, now. If that is a proper English sentence, then I don't know what isn't, ro_G.
.milos

Re: thesis

Postby Juice Major » Thu Aug 18, 2005 2:05 pm

gee...so many thread on thesis. is there to administrator making sure all these be conslidated to a single thread? like the fashion spot!

:cool:
Juice Major

Re: thesis

Postby Padraic » Thu Aug 18, 2005 3:22 pm

hey was just wondering would it be ok to use a competition brief for a thesis? obviously changing it to deal more with the environment around it etc. but i have read the Gaints Causeway Competition brief and i am very interested in it, have had ideas running through my head for the last two to three weeks! I think it would make for a very interesting site and development!
Padraic

Return to World Architecture