Dublin Metro stations

Dublin Metro stations

Postby MG » Mon Jul 31, 2000 9:15 am

Seeinga s the government has now said that Dublin is to get a metro station, what chances of metro stations to compare wirth the Jubilee Line Stations in London, as recently featured in Architectural Review?
MG

Postby Macker » Tue Aug 01, 2000 5:06 pm

Guess!
Macker

Postby dc3 » Tue Aug 01, 2000 8:01 pm

I guess to build a station you have to know where it is to go. This metro changes route more often than a motorcycle courier, overground, underground via the Airport, maybe even Athlone, - to serve Mary O'Rourke's constituency (soon to be a close in Dublin suburb).So to take on the job you would have to take on that risk of being messed about.

Given the quality of public commissions, and this may be PFI developed, I would also doubt it but then CIE do have a better record than others.
dc3

Postby dc3 » Tue Aug 01, 2000 8:01 pm

I guess to build a station you have to know where it is to go. This metro changes route more often than a motorcycle courier, overground, underground via the Airport, maybe even Athlone, - to serve Mary O'Rourke's constituency (soon to be a close in Dublin suburb).So to take on the job you would have to take on that risk of being messed about.

Given the quality of public commissions, and this may be PFI developed, I would also doubt it but then CIE do have a better record than others.
dc3

Postby eamonn mc loughlin » Sat Aug 05, 2000 7:42 pm

Fingers crossed that the stations are carefully designed. Moreover, that they are properly managed, have proper ticketing systems (commuter flow), are kept clean, ie, the opposite to DART stations.
eamonn mc loughlin

Postby Ronan C » Tue Aug 08, 2000 4:47 pm

I could`nt agree more the DART stations are generally filthy. One of the newest ones at Clontarf is particularily bad, the smell of urine and the sight of so much litter makes my blood boil and my stomach sick. Whats the point in building new stations on the DART , LUAS or METRO when we all know that they will not be kept clean.
Ronan C

Postby Jas » Wed Aug 16, 2000 9:53 am

Still if CIE architects were to be involved (which they probably wont), there would be a possiblity for some decent stations.
Jas

Return to Ireland