new design for eyre square

Postby what? » Wed Nov 19, 2003 1:54 pm

good day greenarch.

firstly, i think the title of your profession will indicate which is more narrowly focused vocation. secondly you did attack my person with such comments as " Irish Architects who have no idea how to build contemporary buildings in a historic city. This is hypocrytical and stupid" and "the architects in this country have no regard for restoring buildings ".
i feel a personal need to stand up against patronising comments like this. i could only assume that you were an embitterd lanscape designer who hated architects for some reason, and made a stab at what that reason might be, i knew that would get your back up.

narrowmined? "cookiecutter plans and pre-fabrication", you do seem to know a lot about architecture.
arrogant? ill take that one !

i woul tell you to go plant some trees in a shape only relevant from a helicopter but i have far more respect for many exponents ofyour profession than that.
what?

Postby greenarch » Wed Nov 19, 2003 8:43 pm

Dearest What....

I don't dislike Architects, I am one.....one that also holds a degree in Landscape Architecture......I took a shot at my own profession (architecture) because I am tired of being around people who can't think outside the box, these are the narrow-minded individuals I refered to.....like you who thinks that the word Landscape is limiting.....what part of the word Landscape refers to being "narrowly focused"....I ask you, what word could be more broadly focused????? lets see....maybe building architecture????

Im tired of this conversation....sorry if I offended you....my comments were meant to stir a debate.... the suggestion that architecture is a narrow-minded profession is not mine, its universal...I guess it worked.

Good luck...
greenarch

Dearest What....

I don't dislike Architects, I am one.....one that also holds a degree in Landscape Architecture......I took a shot at my own profession (architecture) because I am tired of being around people who can't think outside the box, these are the narrow-minded individuals I refered to.....like you who thinks that the word Landscape is limiting.....what part of the word Landscape refers to being "narrowly focused"....I ask you, what word could be more broadly focused????? lets see....maybe building architecture????

Im tired of this conversation....sorry if I offended you....my comments were meant to stir a debate.... the suggestion that architecture is a narrow-minded profession is not mine, its universal...I guess it worked.

Good luck...
greenarch

Dearest What....

Good luck...
greenarch

Postby phil » Thu Apr 08, 2004 11:09 am

Does anyone know what the layout of the new look Eyre Square is going to be? I was under the impression that the square would now run over the street area and join on to the Eyre Square Shopping centre side aswell (so there would only now be three sides open to traffic). Is this what is going to be done?

Thanks

Phil
phil
Old Master

Postby FIN » Thu Apr 08, 2004 11:26 am

yep
FIN

Postby phil » Thu Apr 08, 2004 11:36 am

Thanks Fin. That will be an interesting shift in the balance of the square I think. I always felt that it seemed balanced towards the northern end of the square, as it seemed to go up hill towards that end.

Thanks

Phil
phil
Old Master

Postby FIN » Thu Apr 08, 2004 3:27 pm

that's true. 18 months though to finish the job is extracting the urine a bit too much!
FIN

Previous

Return to Ireland