Notice to DIT Students

Anything you would like to see on the website?

Notice to DIT Students

Postby Paul Clerkin » Tue Oct 07, 2003 5:19 pm

If you want to be arseholes and post comments like "cork sucks ass" and "riai sucks ass" i suggest you find a marker and deface your own livingroom. We don't want to read it here - comments like that will be removed. They are not constructive, witty or add anything to the community here. They're not even a particularly valid opinion. If I have to go to much effort, the DIT Gateway 147.252.196.244 will be barred and the colleges informed why.

No doubt I am only dealing with the one arsehole but DIT has been barred from accessing this site in the past for similar reasons. So behave.

you can say what you like, or come on and entertain people a la el archetrino but if you want to be insulting, go elsewhere.

There's a really nice wall on Henrietta Lane across from your college.
Paul Clerkin
Old Master

Postby sw101 » Tue Oct 07, 2003 5:35 pm

The act of sucking ass abounds amongst staff, standards, and miasma in D.I.T. It's not their fault. Its society and circumstance and a possible deficiency of anything clever or original being said around them.

I'd like to open the thread to alternatives to the phrase "sucking ass".

suck
Function: verb
Definition: remove
Synonyms: abate, bankrupt, bleed, bleed white, catheterize, consume, debilitate, decrease, deplete, devitalize, diminish, dissipate, divert, draft, draw off, drink up, dry, empty, evacuate, exhaust, expend, fatigue, filter off, finish, free from, gulp down, impoverish, lessen, milk, pump, pump out, quaff, reduce, sap, siphon, spend, strain, suck, suck dry, swallow, tap, tax, tire out, use up, waste, wear, wear down, weary, withdraw

ass
Function: noun
Definition: idiot
Synonyms: blockhead, bonehead, dolt, donkey, dope, dunce, fool, halfwit, idiot, imbecile, jackass, jerk, nincompoop, nitwit, numskull, schmuck, simpleton, twerp, twit
Antonyms: brain, genius, sage
Concept: ignorance

by derivation we could translate directly to "gulp down dope", which would of course necessitate some yoghurt like substance or a lack of tastebuds.

Alternatively, to "debilitate schmuck". well this could easily be done in D.I.T. One could use a chainsaw or stiff baguette to render inert the useless overpaid monkeys that wander the corridors. Or you could just ask them a question about their performance in confined quarters, and shazam!! watch them crumble before your very eyes.

Any other suggestions? I'm not one to swear, but unless an adequate replacement is found. "Sucking ass" could become part of my limited daily vocabulary. And the last thing i want is to learn anything that can sourced indirectly to D.I.T. :)
sw101

Postby garethace » Thu Oct 09, 2003 1:38 pm

Hold it together just a little while longer there SW101. Believe me, DIT is on the up rather than the down. I can assure you of that, having started there in 1992.

I have written a nice piece, I think you will find interesting. I will post it up soon for all your criticism. As the founder of IBM once said, the best way to be sucessful in life, is to increase your failure rate. That means, putting your ideas and work open to criticism and being ripped up by some experts.

Archiseek, offers that opportunity to some degree, which I have used in the past. I agree though, it a pity DIT doesn't have more educators and less silent Architectural ghosts haunting the corridors of the college, like some scary movie.

Brian O' Hanlon.

P.S. What was that movie, where the kids won a cheap holiday to a remote island, in a hotel that was haunted or something?

Anyhow, the main thrust of my argument, is that the amazing sucess of the Irish Third level rate of graduation is down to the unsung heros, the secondary school education system, and the parents who gave their kids all the opportunities to grinds and full attention, which they never had themselves.

Even though Architecture in DIT does require a leaving cert, that is where the relationship ends. None of those hard-earned skills and abilities gained in Secondary school are worth a thinker's curse in an Architectural degree course.

More to come soon, stay tuned. :-) Keep smiling.
garethace

Return to Suggestions & Announcements