Uploading Images

Anything you would like to see on the website?

Uploading Images

Postby StephenC » Fri Nov 02, 2012 4:11 pm

Is there an easier way to upload images to Archiseek?

I usually use Photobucket but I find it cumbersome. For example there is no straightforward way of mass editing a group of images to reduce them down to the size required for this site...max 800 wide. Its not very user friendly.

I'm not the most techie of guys so any suggestions on how to do this easier would be welcome.
StephenC
Old Master

Re: Uploading Images

Postby CologneMike » Fri Nov 02, 2012 4:47 pm

Why don't you choose flickr instead of Photobucket.

They store your original image automatically in various sizes.

See link for size examples.
CologneMike
Old Master

Postby StephenC » Tue Nov 06, 2012 3:51 pm

Thanks ...Yes I might do that.
I did discover how to set Photobucket to upload images at the required dimensions. Which saves lots of hassle
StephenC
Old Master

Postby thebig C » Wed Jan 23, 2013 1:57 pm

I have a few images I might try to post....so do I have to create a flickr account and link to that?

This issue crops up sometimes....like most of you I post on several sites. Some seem to insist that in posting images you link to an image thats already on the Net. This frequently results in images not uploading. On other sites, you can download/copy an image to your destop or pictures folder and then upload it to the site, this generally seems less problematic.

I have come accross several architectural engravings which might be good additions to the Unbuilt section, how can I post these?

C
thebig C

Postby Paul Clerkin » Wed Jan 23, 2013 2:38 pm

If there's for the main site, just email me at pclerkin@archiseek.com
Paul Clerkin
Old Master

Postby thebig C » Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:00 am

Hey Paul

Many thanks for replying so promptly!

Yes, I had come accross several images online which I felt should be shared with Archiseekers. Actually, I tried pm-ing you a couple of links but I experienced alot of problems. For example, the pms would either bounce back or go to the out box. Consequently, you may not have received them. Or, you got half a dozen at once making me look like a raving lunatic:)

Anyway, I will forward you on the links and you can be the judge of which images its even possible to expropriate! I hope this isn't any imposition on you but often I stumble accross certain illustrations which I know other posters would really be interested in.

C
thebig C

Return to Suggestions & Announcements