Wind Turbines

Wind Turbines

Postby David F » Tue Jun 28, 2011 1:38 am

Hi, I'm new to the forum. Despite this being my first post, for a long while I've been reading a lot of excellent threads here.

Anyway, I would just like to ask advice regarding wind turbines. I live in an elevated rural location. A planning site notice has recently been erected for a site a few fields away from my house. It details five 90 metre high wind turbines with 93 metre diameter blades.
While I'm all for renewable energy, I'm just wondering if I should have anything to fear in terms of the negatives of residing in close proximity to one of these??
David F

Re: Wind Turbines

Postby henno » Wed Jun 29, 2011 12:50 pm

i definitely agree with properly defined separate distances.. and also detailed sun and shadow analysis on any affected dwellings. The problem with technologies like this is we are always spoon fed the polar opposite view points.. ie the hard sell and the conspiracy theory. The truth, in my opinion, lies somewhere in the middle and issues should be defined and analysed, and resolutions designed and synthesised... and only then should planning decisions be made.
henno

Return to Ireland