Alto Vetro, grand canal docks, dublin

Re: Alto Vetro, grand canal docks, dublin

Postby fergalr » Tue May 18, 2010 9:28 am

mud hut! wrote:Im afraid Belfast is way above its station with the Oble Tower at 28 stories 85 meters.Its just about finished too i hear.Alto Vetro is a poor ould stump at 60 meters sadly!:mad:

Yeah but you see we can't have tall buildings in Dublin because they're vulgar or... something to do with Georgian architecture.

The yellow panels on Alto Vetro look very odd. Is IKEA moving in or something?
fergalr

Postby mud hut! » Tue May 18, 2010 1:10 pm

cgcsb wrote:@mud hut!, I meant to say aqua vetro, is that still going ahead? As far as I know it was planned to be 80 something. I think Cork's Elysian is 81m also.

I think its on hold like everything else.Im not sure but i think it was only 24 stories so it would have still come up short compared with the Obel tower in Belfast.
mud hut!

Postby cgcsb » Tue May 18, 2010 2:39 pm

mud hut! wrote:I think its on hold like everything else.Im not sure but i think it was only 24 stories so it would have still come up short compared with the Obel tower in Belfast.

according to wikipedia, the Obel is only 85m
cgcsb

Postby Cathal Dunne » Tue May 18, 2010 10:13 pm

mud hut! wrote:I think its on hold like everything else.Im not sure but i think it was only 24 stories so it would have still come up short compared with the Obel tower in Belfast.

Not true. Obel Tower is to be 85 metres tall with 28 stories. At 4 metres per storey, Aqua Vetro can beat it at 96 metres. Given that Montevetro will be 60 metres at 16 storeys that is a reasonable estimate of the possible height of Aqua Vetro.

Hopefully Aqua Vetro will be built so that finally, Dublin will be the home of the tallest building on the island. Given that it is the island's primate city it is only right that that is the case.
Cathal Dunne

Postby publicrealm » Tue May 18, 2010 10:27 pm

Cathal Dunne wrote: Dublin will be the home of the tallest building on the island. Given that it is the island's primate city it is only right that that is the case.

But surely primates thrive even better in the sub-tropical climate of Cork the real Capital:D?
publicrealm

Postby tommyt » Tue May 18, 2010 10:57 pm

publicrealm wrote:But surely primates thrive even better in the sub-tropical climate of Cork the real Capital:D?

g'wan away ya buck eejit-surely Armagh's frost loving Red-Cap monkey lives in the e primeval city for building tall spires????
tommyt

Postby murrmurr » Fri Feb 18, 2011 7:02 pm

murrmurr

Postby Morlan » Fri Feb 18, 2011 8:51 pm

I have to say that this is great news. I'm glad that Google are sticking with us during these shitty times.

€99m for such a large building in a prominent location is an absolute bargain. Fair play to them.

Google is buying the 'skyscraper' from developer Real Estate Opportunities, which is trying to raise cash to redevelop the Battersea Power Station.

The bulk of the Google proceeds will go to Ireland's 'bad bank' for toxic debt, which owns the loans that REO took out to develop the Montevetro site.
Morlan

Postby Smithfield Resi » Sun Feb 20, 2011 5:50 pm

€99m for such a large building in a prominent location is an absolute bargain.

or not...

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/30850817/ns ... al_estate/

A month before that, the John Hancock Tower — Boston's tallest skyscraper — sold at auction for just over $20 million. The 33-story Equitable Building in downtown Atlanta is set to go up for auction next month; its owners owe more than $50 million to the bank and have only half of the building leased.

I don't think Google are stupid - I suspect there is a lot more to this deal than meets the eye, but a useful piece of NAMA flim-flam to try and buoy up prices on vanity projects like this... the challenge for NAMA is that there are no more cash rich multi-national camped on the doorstep of other projects.
Smithfield Resi

Previous

Return to Ireland