Sheridan now 'happy' as he settles €4m home lawsuit

Sheridan now 'happy' as he settles €4m home lawsuit

Postby onq » Thu Nov 11, 2010 10:49 pm

Great to see this out of the Courts.

It now appears possible to discuss it without fear of breaching some sub judice rule

http://www.independent.ie/national-news/courts/sheridan-now-happy-as-he-settles-euro4m-home-lawsuit-2368626.html

I never understood how the waterproof concrete was supposed to be able to keep water out of a house that the plans suggested had a swimming pool in the middle of a living space between a bedroom and a home cinema area - I would have thought that evaporation alone might have caused some serious problems with internal and insterstitial condensation.
No doubt some expert on the case will be able to set me straight if I have erred.

ONQ.
onq
Old Master

Re: Sheridan now 'happy' as he settles €4m home lawsuit

Postby FunkyCoW » Thu Nov 11, 2010 11:42 pm

waterproof concrete is fine in principle but you cannot get it placed with sufficient quality in Ireland. Also evaperation can be dealt with by mechanical extraction (it was a sea water pool - was it cold?)

Hotels have swimming pools on mid-level or upper so that ain't a problem in itself
FunkyCoW

Re: Sheridan now 'happy' as he settles €4m home lawsuit

Postby onq » Fri Nov 12, 2010 2:17 pm

Extraction may well be the wrong way to deal with it.
That may just put a load on the system for little increase in air quality.

You might be better advised to concentrate on running the ool economically while avoiding problems in the rest of the house.
Pool spaces need to be kept warmer than is comfortable for normal activities in the rest of the house to deal with condensation on surfaces.

Separation of the pool by sealed enclosures structiral and by a positive displacement lobby spatially is the best way to address this.
This implies a single use enclosure, i.e. one with no rooms off of it or normal uses within it.

Leaving an indoor, heated open pool or a pool with an unsealed cover in a room at normal temperature may result in huge evaporation occuring.
This is turn may lead to water vapour migrating to the nearest cold surface or cold bridge.

ONQ.
onq
Old Master

Return to Ireland