Repairs around the city

Repairs around the city

Postby who_me » Wed Sep 22, 2010 5:42 pm

- The repairs to St. Patricks' Bridge are finally taking place. The difference in colouring/cleanliness between the newly installed balusters and the old is striking. Hopefully that'll entice them to finally clean the thing! (Or maybe there should be a few more accidents and they'll replace the rest! ;) )

I did notice that since the repairs are 'over water', they need a diver onsite at all times. Poor sod sitting in a boat underneath, looks bored out of his mind. Also, they've repaired the lights on the bridge, for the nth time. Thankfully - I was attacked crossing that bridge some weeks ago, a bit of lighting goes a long way.

- Was on Castle St. last night, and there was some very heavy-duty buttressing going on in the site of the collapsed building there. Were there problems in the adjoining buildings, or is this a precaution. I'm no engineer, but I wonder how they'll be able to build on that site again, given its now completely taken up with the buttresses.
who_me

Re: Repairs around the city

Postby Springer » Wed Sep 22, 2010 8:28 pm

Those lights were not even fixed for the European City of Culture 2005 farce

They should copy the superb lanterns on Parliament Bridge.
Springer

Postby Steady » Fri Sep 24, 2010 11:27 pm

who_me wrote:- I was attacked crossing that bridge some weeks ago, a bit of lighting goes a long way.

Sorry, Who Me, i didn't realise it was you........
Steady

Postby who_me » Tue Sep 28, 2010 4:49 pm

Steady wrote:Sorry, Who Me, i didn't realise it was you........

;) I don't want to know what would have happened if you did!
who_me

Postby who_me » Thu Sep 30, 2010 6:22 pm

Also noticed there seems to be quite a bit of work going on in the St. Johns college building on Infirmary Road. Does anyone know if they're just repairing the 'plasterwork' (no idea of the terminology), or leaving the stone walls exposed?

Could be a very nice building, if the stonework is of a good quality.

who_me

Return to Ireland