THE Limerick Post is reliably informed that a group of international investors are due in Limerick this Thursday and Friday to further investigate the possibility of a multi billion euro investment in the city centre.
A local source, with a Middle East connection, and who is involved in discussions, told this newspaper that were the deal to come off, it would transform the entire city centre area, with the demolition of existing buildings and the creation of new streets.
â€œEvery hotel bedroom in Limerick would be fully booked over the next decade....these people are serious and have identified Limerick as the ideal location for their project.
â€œI am not in a position to say too much for the moment, but remain hopeful that progress can be made.
â€œWhat I will say is that the group have already been to Limerick and met in behind closed door talks with interested partiesâ€. Limerick Chamber of Commerce were not available on Wednesday to comment, but one high profile local businessmen did reveal that he had been informed that talks were in train, and to which he had been told he would be invited at a later stage.
â€œIt is all very exciting....I can understand why the people concerned have not adopted a high profile and gone public. It appears there are pieces to be put together in the jigsaw.
â€œThere is huge money involved.
â€œWhat we donâ€™t want is another Opera House fiasco, where promises were made and nothing happenedâ€.
[url=http://limerickpost.ie/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=1973:talks-on-multi-billion-city-investment&catid=37:local-news&Itemid=60]Written by John Oâ€™Shaughnessy(Limerick Post)
THURSDAY, 08 JULY 2010 08:59[/URL]
So anyone any thoughts on this?