The terminal is far superior to the nearby Bus Eireann and Rail Station.
In terms of design, it even surpasses the airport.
At a time when buses are seen as the last resort in travel, Galway Coach Station attempts to give a reasonable first impression at the start of the journey out of town or a good impression to first time visitors who arrive in Galway by bus.
- Galway Coach Station 043.jpg (36.89 KiB) Viewed 999 times
- Galway Coach Station 044.jpg (27.5 KiB) Viewed 998 times
- Galway Coach Station 046.jpg (28.88 KiB) Viewed 997 times
- Galway Coach Station 108.jpg (34.5 KiB) Viewed 998 times
- Galway Coach Station 113.jpg (31.11 KiB) Viewed 998 times
- Global Citizen
- Posts: 197
- Joined: Tue Dec 02, 2008 2:23 am
- Location: Global
I'd like to see the planned cafe open up on the mezzanine level, something of decent quality that will bring people in who aren't using the bus services and adding life to the facility. There's also acres of empty floor space and generous height that could work very well as a gallery or exhibition space.
- Posts: 260
- Joined: Fri Mar 12, 1999 12:00 am
- Location: Galway
Offerings like this will keep our tourism market developing to attract a broader range of traveler. Fair play to them.
- Posts: 313
- Joined: Wed Oct 26, 2005 10:03 am
- Location: Dublin