Question re repeatedly applying for the same permission

Question re repeatedly applying for the same permission

Postby newgrange » Sun Jan 24, 2010 9:34 pm

A well-known advertising company sought planning permission for a 'Metropole' advertising structure beside a local protected structure.

I objected.
DCC granted permission, so I appealed to ABP. ABP upheld the appeal.

Said company apply again for a similar structure at the location.
I again object.
DCC again grant permission. I again appeal to ABP and once again, they uphold my appeal.

Now, once again, the company have applied for a Metropole structure in the same location.

Is this some sort of game that goes on forever or until such time as I don't spot the planning notice and fail to object?
newgrange

Re: Question re repeatedly applying for the same permission

Postby missarchi » Sun Jan 24, 2010 10:47 pm

Maybe a solicitors letter? with a reference to costs?
missarchi
Old Master

Postby newgrange » Sun Jan 24, 2010 11:04 pm

Thanks, but the cost is not the issue. I'm quite prepared to appeal to ABP again, should DCC inexplicably grant permission again.

I'm just wondering is this the normal process? Does it not reach a stage where someone says "Stop asking, you're not going to get a scabby ugly Metropole at that location, no matter how many flower beds and 'improvements' you say you'll build?".
newgrange

Postby Paul Clerkin » Mon Jan 25, 2010 5:26 am

they're clearly hoping you will go away....
we should all chip in i think
Paul Clerkin
Old Master

Postby henno » Mon Jan 25, 2010 10:55 am

newgrange wrote:A well-known advertising company sought planning permission for a 'Metropole' advertising structure beside a local protected structure.

I objected.
DCC granted permission, so I appealed to ABP. ABP upheld the appeal.

Said company apply again for a similar structure at the location.
I again object.
DCC again grant permission. I again appeal to ABP and once again, they uphold my appeal.

Now, once again, the company have applied for a Metropole structure in the same location.

Is this some sort of game that goes on forever or until such time as I don't spot the planning notice and fail to object?

strange....

id love to see ABPs report on the second application. Do they berate the council for granting a similar application to something they have already refused??

i would simply appeal again, and i certainly would draw ABPs attention to costs, even if its not an issue for you.
henno

Postby newgrange » Mon Jan 25, 2010 5:42 pm

Presuming DCC will allow the Metropole application through again, I will make sure to mention it in the appeal. I did the last time too, though perhaps since it was on the opposite side of the road from the original one, they considered it very different.
Here are the details of the second application/granting/appeal/refusal: http://www.pleanala.ie/casenum/233382.htm

Then again, maybe said company will give me free bikes and lots of euro and I will change my mind.

Not.
newgrange

Postby newgrange » Thu Mar 11, 2010 2:13 pm

Someone in DCC has seen sense and there has been a split decision on this. The apartments have been allowed and the Metropole has been refused permission.
newgrange

Return to Irish Planning Matters