high quality architectural products

World architecture... what's happening generally....

high quality architectural products

Postby fred-pram » Mon Jan 18, 2010 4:23 pm

Hello everyone,

I have a new customer which manufactures stainless steel architectural and decoration surfaces. They have already worked on a few architectural projects in the UK with the help of famous architects and would like to develop their activity and market their products to other architects. The products my customers are selling are quite expensive. This is why most of their contacts in Europe are architects and not directly contractors. Even if their clients are contractors, their products are mostly used because they have been prescribed by architects.

I was wondering if you would mind answering the following questions:

• Is it common practice for manufacturers in the construction industry to use freelance sales agents to market their products?
• Do they prefer to resort to agent sales company, I mean, to a company which is specialized in selling specific products (such as our client’s) and has a dedicated sales team?
• Would you mind providing me with names of sales agent companies that could help our client to market its products?

Thank you very much in advance for your answer.

Frederic
fred-pram

Re: high quality architectural products

Postby Nick4u1 » Thu Feb 18, 2010 2:10 pm

It does depend really, my father used to sell a lot of architectural metal for various companies but that was because he worked directly for them. Essentially he would visit his network of architects and spec a product for a design. If you're starting out I wonder if its possible for you to get on the CPD circuit, go round architectural firms and educate them about the benefits of a product.
Nick4u1

Re: high quality architectural products

Postby mithunt » Wed Dec 15, 2010 6:10 am

Thanks for sharing.

Oil Paintings
mithunt

Return to World Architecture