marking out a site

marking out a site

Postby meathrose » Thu Oct 22, 2009 8:14 am

Hi, can anyone tell me where you start to mark out a site? My site is down a cul de sac and I am in the process of marking out the site with the farmer but he wants us to start measuring it from the centre of the road and we think that we should start from the boundary hedge - can someone clarify this for me as the farmer in question is a family member and he is insisting he is right but my doing it his way we are getting 3 metres less than what we agreed,

Thanks
meathrose

Re: marking out a site

Postby henno » Thu Oct 22, 2009 1:14 pm

if the site are ais teh minimum required as per the county development plan... then the site area MUST be the area of land you will occupy, in order to be in compliance with planning permission.

get an independent arbitrator (your architect!) to be on site when marking the boundary.

the farmer is correct in assuming that the land registry area will (probably and usually) be to the centre of the road, but that doesnt take from the fact that you must occupy at least the minimum county development plan area.

Anyway, in order to be in compliance with planning permission, you need to install the boundaries as dimensioned in the planning application.
henno

Return to Irish Planning Matters