new tagline

Anything you would like to see on the website?

new tagline

Postby Paul Clerkin » Thu Sep 24, 2009 3:03 pm

put your thinking caps on.. need a tagline for archiseek

http://two.archiseek.com
Paul Clerkin
Old Master

Re: new tagline

Postby missarchi » Fri Sep 25, 2009 5:57 am

caution in the wind:

-two archiseek or not to speak that is the question

-I seek architecture

- I seek archiseek

- I seek archispeak
missarchi
Old Master

Postby Peter Fitz » Fri Sep 25, 2009 12:08 pm

The new site is really coming together Paul, looks great, I really like the simplicity of the logo typeface against the colour backdrop, can't go wrong.

Just a question on the prominence given to the discussion forums v latest news - do you intend that the comment option on latest news will supersede and essentially become the new discussion forum space ? or will they co-exist and somehow link in to each other. If so I’d personally prefer to see equal prominence given to the old discussion forum, it’s an unwieldy yoke I know at this stage, but I think it is the reason many of your, ahem, regulars visit the site, and it is a massive resource in itself.

Also would you consider changing the general type face in use? Well really just for the headers I suppose, what irishtimes.com went for works well for them imo, kind of befits their status - maybe something like your logo typeface? … a little softer / nuanced. Just a thought !!!

I’m loathe to stick my neck out on a new tag line for fear of general scoffing !

Fair play anyway, some amount of work in what you’ve just done.
Peter Fitz

Postby Peter Fitz » Fri Sep 25, 2009 12:11 pm

sure scoff away !

archiseek : architecture speaks
Peter Fitz

Postby foremanjoe » Fri Sep 25, 2009 12:20 pm

Archiseek- And you shall find.
foremanjoe

Postby tommyt » Fri Sep 25, 2009 12:52 pm

Born to moan:p
tommyt

Postby Paul Clerkin » Fri Sep 25, 2009 1:10 pm

Peter Fitz wrote:The new site is really coming together Paul, looks great, I really like the simplicity of the logo typeface against the colour backdrop, can't go wrong.

Just a question on the prominence given to the discussion forums v latest news - do you intend that the comment option on latest news will supersede and essentially become the new discussion forum space ? or will they co-exist and somehow link in to each other. If so I’d personally prefer to see equal prominence given to the old discussion forum, it’s an unwieldy yoke I know at this stage, but I think it is the reason many of your, ahem, regulars visit the site, and it is a massive resource in itself.

Also would you consider changing the general type face in use? Well really just for the headers I suppose, what irishtimes.com went for works well for them imo, kind of befits their status - maybe something like your logo typeface? … a little softer / nuanced. Just a thought !!!

I’m loathe to stick my neck out on a new tag line for fear of general scoffing !

Fair play anyway, some amount of work in what you’ve just done.

I dont intend the comment on the news pieces to replace the forum - the forum is a very important part of the site - and will be given due prominence
Fonts are limited, unless used as graphics, to what readers have on their machines.
Paul Clerkin
Old Master

Postby CologneMike » Fri Sep 25, 2009 1:24 pm

Describe it for what it is!

Archiseek . . . . . your database for architectural news and opinions.
CologneMike
Old Master

Postby foremanjoe » Fri Sep 25, 2009 3:34 pm

I think Ronseal got there before you CologneMike.
foremanjoe

Postby CologneMike » Fri Sep 25, 2009 6:28 pm

foremanjoe wrote:I think Ronseal got there before you CologneMike.

Ah I see what you mean “Does exactly what it says on the tin” but no it was Jakob Nielsen that gave me the cue to what a tagline should be.

A website's tagline must explain what the company does and what makes it unique among competitors.
CologneMike
Old Master

Postby foremanjoe » Fri Sep 25, 2009 6:54 pm

CologneMike wrote:A website's tagline must explain what the company does and what makes it unique among competitors.[/I]

I'm sure that is most appropriate if a company has a family name or a collection of letters for a title, e.g. McCarthy's or IBM, but the name archiseek offers a good clue as to what the website actually does, which presents the opportunity for the tagline to be something catchy or clever.

Not that I'm suggesting that my proposal of 'archiseek -and you shall find' possesses either of those qualities.

P.s. I think Ronseal really missed out by not coming up with Ronseal -your database for architecture news and opinions ;)
foremanjoe

Postby GrahamH » Wed Nov 18, 2009 12:08 am

Just a vote of support for the new look. Coming together very nicely indeed.

Love the new logo, colour scheme and drop down menus. Very sharp.
GrahamH
Old Master

Postby Paul Clerkin » Wed Nov 18, 2009 2:36 pm

slowly getting there... still adding more and more content
Paul Clerkin
Old Master

Return to Suggestions & Announcements