What now as regards finishing planning?

What now as regards finishing planning?

Postby seanog » Mon Sep 21, 2009 8:59 am

I have had 3 separate planning applications in the last 5 years, (1) Change of use, (2) new roof ( Facade is protected) and (3) Extension. All approved and now all finished. The architect:mad: keeps making appointments and never shows up. What do I need to do now to finish the whole processes finished?
Thanks
Seanog.
seanog

Re: What now as regards finishing planning?

Postby bitasean » Mon Sep 21, 2009 11:56 am

If you have successfully obtained planning permission for your development then you have completed the second of four stages required to complete the development. The third being the tender process (where the architects prepare drawings and a detailed written specification for pricing) and the fourth being construction / contract administration whereby the architects inspects the work and on site to ensure that it a) complies with your grant of planning permission and b) is in accordance with the tender documents.

Normally the client is only committed to one stage at a time so a letter to your architect stating that you would be willing to engage another firm to complete the work should produce some results (providing the original architect has been paid up in full.)
bitasean

Postby seanog » Mon Sep 21, 2009 1:05 pm

Me again, everything is finished, roof, extension, have paid development fees. So, all work is finished and as far as I know all planning conditions have been met. I have installed 2 extra Velux windows but I was hoping to put in a new plan for retention of these. I was granted permission for 4. Is there anything more to be done if all the conditions are met? Does the Architect have to "sign everything off"?
Thanks
Seanog
seanog

Postby Bren88 » Tue Sep 22, 2009 7:26 am

bitasean wrote:If you have successfully obtained planning permission for your development then you have completed the second of four stages required to complete the development. ....................

Read the first post again, all work has been complete. It's built.

seanog wrote:Me again, everything is finished, roof, extension, have paid development fees. So, all work is finished and as far as I know all planning conditions have been met. I have installed 2 extra Velux windows but I was hoping to put in a new plan for retention of these. I was granted permission for 4. Is there anything more to be done if all the conditions are met? Does the Architect have to "sign everything off"?
Thanks
Seanog

The architect will need to issue certs signifying that the works complies with building regulations and that it complies with planning regulations. (can be separate or combined certs).
Also the velux windows will require retention. There is a de facto planning exemption for velux windows to the rear, but the fact that you have already applied for a related permission means it no longer applies. The protect nature of an element of the build wouldn't help here.
Bren88

Postby AT001 » Fri Oct 09, 2009 10:39 am

Get a new architect!!
AT001

Return to Irish Planning Matters