Is there anywhere I can get a land use map for Dublin City Centre?

Is there anywhere I can get a land use map for Dublin City Centre?

Postby Blisterman » Sun Jul 25, 2010 4:38 pm

I'm currently doing site analysis for a university project in Dublin, for the area around O' Connell St. Am trying to mark which buildings are residential in the area. Is there anywhere I can get a land use map or something similar which notes this? Ideally online.
Blisterman

Re: Is there anywhere I can get a land use map for Dublin City Centre?

Postby tommyt » Mon Jul 26, 2010 12:42 am

Blisterman wrote:I'm currently doing site analysis for a university project in Dublin, for the area around O' Connell St. Am trying to mark which buildings are residential in the area. Is there anywhere I can get a land use map or something similar which notes this? Ideally online.

Not available to the public that I know of. If you were desperate and your area was relatively small you could do your own from the Thoms.

if you're a bona fide student you could probably arrange acces to An Post Geodirectory or GOAD data through your college.
tommyt

Postby onq » Mon Jul 26, 2010 7:46 am

Bolton St COT have done several student projects on land use in the inner city - one I was involved in was carried out in the eighties and there was a second one around then.

There has been a more recent project looking at a campus centredon Bolton Street IIRC - I cannot recall if either went as far as O'Connell Street.

You could also try Archinfo in UCD and the Bolton Street library facility.

ONQ.
onq
Old Master

Postby saintleger » Mon Jul 26, 2010 2:42 pm

The council must have carried one out for the Special Planning Control Scheme in O'Connell Street. If it's not on the website, you could do worse than phone up forward planning and ask nicely, the worst they can do is say no. You might be interested in a wider area than is covered by that, though.
saintleger

Return to Ireland