RIAI and GCCC contracts

RIAI and GCCC contracts

Postby decomcg » Fri Jan 08, 2010 5:01 pm

Does anyone know the main differences between the RIAI contracts and the GCCC contracts or where i could find even a simplified version of both types of contract?
decomcg

Re: RIAI and GCCC contracts

Postby ba » Mon Jan 11, 2010 2:27 pm

read this, it is a report made by solicitors O'Donnell Sweeney Eversheds and it attempt at clarifying the differences between RIAI standard forms etc.
ba

Postby niallqs » Mon Jan 18, 2010 5:59 pm

hi. im writing a dissertation on the gccc contracts and the risks involved for the contractor. im trying to source information on the LUAS project going over budget and overtime. ive found it difficult to find details on the reasons for the problems. if anyone has come across any good articles on the luas project i would really appreciate if they could send me the link. regards
niall
niallqs

Postby reddy » Mon Jan 18, 2010 6:25 pm

sorry Niall - don't know too much about the LUAS but you might want to look at the current impasse on the Limerick-Nenagh N7 dual carriageway.

They've encountered a problem with a bog but the risk has been transferred to the contractor. Gonna be a big test for the new contracts.

Good luck with it.
reddy

Postby missarchi » Mon Jan 18, 2010 8:07 pm

reddy wrote:but the risk has been transferred to the contractor. Gonna be a big test for the new contracts.Good luck with it.

sounds like the opposite of nama...
missarchi
Old Master

Return to Ireland