Student Question/New User

Student Question/New User

Postby tx_eoghan » Tue Nov 10, 2009 4:35 am

I am a student in Texas, and my parents are from Ireland. I will be graduating in two years, hopefully to a more prime economic condition. How likely is it to expect any kind of post graduate experience at any firm within Ireland? It has been a dream of mine to somehow end up over there. I know there seems to be a renewed theme of emigration emerging, what kind of work can a student graduating from an Architecture school in Ireland generally expect to get, best and worst of years? It is generally difficult to get these sorts of positions on the Island? I am hoping on moving there after I graduate in 2012, and I may end up just getting whatever kind of job is available, if any are available, and going to graduate school. I guess what my major question is, does it seem fair to go there and start to build some sort of career, maybe not in 2012 but at least later? As it stands I will be obtaining a NAAB accredited degree, which I think, according to RIAI standards, will most likely qualify me to begin the licensing process. Does anyone have any advice as to how I could go about doing this, I feel quite lost about the whole thing? I am considering joining the AAI, are there any other organizations that would be good resources for this kind of information? I am not meaning to be dramatic, or sound like I am jumping the gun, just wanting to get a better understanding of the process, and how it relates with Ireland. It seems each semester is faster and faster...
tx_eoghan

Return to Ireland