Dublin TD Tom Kitt's Wexford Gaff

Dublin TD Tom Kitt's Wexford Gaff

Postby hutton » Tue Mar 24, 2009 12:07 am

There we were thinking Tom Kitt was living in the Dublin South constituency that he has represented for the last 22 years - yet it turns out he's just got permission for a massive one-off gaff in Co. Wexford on the basis that 'in 1996 Mr Kitt and his wife "began living in... Ballymoney, where they have resided ever since"'.

Gaff by name, gaff by nature - once again one of our purported leaders makes a mockery of the planning system by use of a blatantly disingenuous ruse :rolleyes:

I've lived in Wexford for 10 years - Dublin TD

By Kevin Doyle

Monday March 23 2009

DUBLIN TD Tom Kitt has defended a wish to build his "dream home" on the Wexford coastline, saying his planning permission is totally legitimate.

A letter supplied to Wexford County Council as part of a planning application stated that Mr Kitt has lived in the area for more than a decade.

The news will come as a surprise to the people of Dublin South, whom Mr Kitt has represented in Leinster House for the past 22 years.

However, speaking to the Herald today, Mr Kitt said that he divides his time almost 50/50 between Dublin and Wexford.

The Wexford countryside where the TD hopes to build is viewed by planning authorities as an exclusive area that is reserved for locals with "housing needs".

The issue of who is allowed to build where has been a massive bone of contention as locals have in the past opposed the building of large holiday homes.

But Mr Kitt was granted permission to build a 3,150sq ft property in the scenic area close to Ballymoney and Courtown.

In a letter it is stated that in 1996 Mr Kitt and his wife "began living in the Sandycove area of Ballymoney, where they have resided ever since".

Today Mr Kitt confirmed that he does own a holiday home in the area and noted that he has ties there going back to the 1970s.

"This has been a dream plan for us all our lives," he said, adding: "We spend an awful lot of time down there."

Although permission has been granted, Mr Kitt is still negotiating to buy the land and noted that this could be affected by the recession.

"We don't own the site and it's all depended on other stuff being sold so we don't even know if we're going to be in a position to build," he said.

In a letter from an architect to Wexford Co Council, it is stated that the "work commitment" of Mr Kitt provides "a genuine need to live in the area".

It noted that he and his wife "are already established residents in the Ballymoney area".

For the purpose of his Oireachtas work, Mr Kitt has declared his official address as being in Rathfarnham, while he also has a constituency office in Dundrum.

It is not necessary to note ownership of a personal holiday home on the declaration of interests for the Dail.

kdoyle@herald.ie

- Kevin Doyle

http://www.herald.ie/national-news/city-news/ive-lived-in--wexford-for-10-years--dublin-td-1682777.html
hutton

Re: Dublin TD Tom Kitt's Wexford Gaff

Postby hutton » Tue Mar 24, 2009 4:01 am

hutton wrote:In a letter from an architect to Wexford Co Council, it is stated that the "work commitment" of Mr Kitt provides "a genuine need to live in the area".

This bit is the best. And we wonder why the public now associates the profession of architects with the gross and unsustainable greed of developers of recent years - leaving the country fcuked, as it is now?

Thank you, you now have your McMansion - please drive thru :mad:
hutton

Postby alonso » Tue Mar 24, 2009 10:07 am

one for politics.ie as well methinks
alonso

Postby pavlov » Tue Mar 24, 2009 7:38 pm

He has to live in Wexford to continue giving free guitar lessons to locals.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/world/ireland/article5950519.ece
pavlov

Postby lostexpectation » Tue Mar 24, 2009 8:41 pm

surely it his retirement house.
lostexpectation

Postby pavlov » Wed Mar 25, 2009 11:13 am

He has 3.5 years to serve as a sitting TD in Dublin South but seems to have retired already.
pavlov

Postby Solo » Mon Feb 08, 2010 7:36 pm

Mr. Kitt is and always as long as I have known his family lived in the marley park area of Ballinteer and that is at least thirty years. He may spend a lot of weekends and holiday time in Wexford but it is not and never was his primary place of residence. I think this is just another example of our Political elite ensuring that they get everything they can from the system.

I must add I never voted for Tom because he was incapable of getting off the fence. He has played a wait and see which way the wind is blowing game his entire political life.
Solo

Postby Smithfield Resi » Tue Feb 09, 2010 7:53 pm

Compare and Contrast.....Nov 2009

http://66.102.9.132/search?q=cache:u91GZua3acUJ:www.tomkitt.ie/contact.php4+site:tomkitt.ie+house&cd=4&hl=en&ct=clnk
contact me
If you have any local/governmental issues you wish to discuss please do not hesitate to contact me at:

Constituency Office
Address: Pembroke House, 2 Glenville Terrace, Main Street, Dundrum, Dublin 14
Phone: +353-1-298 2304
Fax: +353-1-298 2460
Email: tom.kitt@oir.ie

with....

Feb 2010...

http://www.tomkitt.ie/contact.php4

If you have any local/governmental issues you wish to discuss please do not hesitate to contact me at:

Constituency Office
Address: Dail Eireann, Leinster House, Kildare Street, Dublin 2
Phone: +353 1 6183549
Fax: +353 1 6184347
Email: tom.kitt@oir.ie

Do www.nppr.iefall under FOI??
Smithfield Resi

Return to Ireland