newspapers on dublin architecture only

newspapers on dublin architecture only

Postby text goes here » Wed Jul 09, 2003 3:06 pm

sorry guys but i need to know this one. what newspapers are good at giving "detailed" info on dublin projects? i mean info on dun laoghaire baths, spire, ilac, southbank tower, tara street station, hawkins house and so on. some papers have very little info on these projects. so what is the best paper then? i am not interested in net papers. i hate net papers. they never seem to be able to search for this info. there is always some catch/charge. i'm sorry but they seems useless and are always unable to search for the interesting stuff. are there even special newsletters that discuss dublin architecture? there has to be something out there. either a newsletter or a good evening paper. where does everyone else get their info? thanks lads.
text goes here

Postby Rory W » Wed Jul 09, 2003 3:16 pm

I find the best is the Irish Times Commercial Property (Wednesday) although there is not much in it at the moment because it's summer
Rory W
Old Master

Postby Paul Clerkin » Wed Jul 09, 2003 5:43 pm

i was hoping to get to write a column for the Dublin Daily :( - was already doing a small things to do in Dublin piece on Weds....
Paul Clerkin
Old Master

Postby notjim » Wed Jul 09, 2003 8:52 pm

i am sorry about the dd, it was on ok read for on the bus or whatever and so much nicer than the eh.

sorry to hear that paul, what a pity. the galway observer agreed to print my cartoon a week before it went bust years ago so i have some sympathy. that was the end of my career as a cartoonist too, which is probably a good thing, but in your case, its a loss for us all.
notjim

Postby delta_jacob » Thu Jul 10, 2003 1:52 am

It could've been worse, at least you didn't work for them full time... i am now unexpectedly unnemployed.

It's a pity, because i believe it was a quality newspaper, much better that a whole lot of other successful papers out there. Perhaps we should have had more nudity and put the Beckhams on the cover.

I wasn't aware that you were writing a piece for the paper, i'm sure it would've been great...
delta_jacob

Postby Paul Clerkin » Thu Jul 10, 2003 9:37 am

Piece by Mick Cunningham (my business partner)
http://www.p45blogs.net/blog_snorkeller/
Paul Clerkin
Old Master

Return to Ireland