Bonded warehouses' plans.....where can I get them??

Bonded warehouses' plans.....where can I get them??

Postby _hugh_ » Mon Feb 22, 2010 4:40 pm

Hey all, just wondering if anyone knows of where I can get plans for the bonded warehouses on the docks? I am finding it very difficult to find plans for any buildings in this area.:( Help would be very much appreciated! Plans are needed for my final year project.....
_hugh_

Re: Bonded warehouses' plans.....where can I get them??

Postby Cliff Barnes » Mon Feb 22, 2010 7:55 pm

_hugh_ wrote:Hey all, just wondering if anyone knows of where I can get plans for the bonded warehouses on the docks? I am finding it very difficult to find plans for any buildings in this area.:( Help would be very much appreciated! Plans are needed for my final year project.....

Ask the Port of Cork at The Customs House best of luck with the project.
Cliff Barnes

Re: Bonded warehouses' plans.....where can I get them??

Postby gbohr » Wed Feb 24, 2010 12:45 am

_hugh_ wrote:Hey all, just wondering if anyone knows of where I can get plans for the bonded warehouses on the docks? I am finding it very difficult to find plans for any buildings in this area.:( Help would be very much appreciated! Plans are needed for my final year project.....

http://www.corkpastandpresent.ie/mapsimages/goadplansofcorkcity/goadplans1915revisions/goadplans1915map9/1915_9_Cork%20Goad%20book%201897_comp125.pdf

look at 54 for bonded warehouses. the section of building on the far right named transit warehouse was knocked in the 1920's/30's and replaced in 30's by a newer mass concrete/masonry gable ended warehouses.
these are the yellow buildings at the far east of the site seen today although some have since been demolished during Cork Main Drainage

all insurance plans of cork
http://www.corkpastandpresent.ie/mapsimages/goadplansofcorkcity

all the maps are from 1915 or before and changes have taken place since then but give an idea of the layout.
Port of Cork have newer plans (but also slightly out of date) which i have but i would not be in a position to provide these.

i was inside the buildings around 3 months ago and looked at the barrel vaults in Bonded Warehouses.
but if you haven't at least went down to have a look at the outside of the buildings you wont have much of an idea about the vaults and other features and will be hard to interprete any drawings.

I have more info on bonded warehouses and am happy to help if you tell me what it is you are doing and looking for.
gbohr

Return to Ireland