CORK, Liss ard

CORK, Liss ard

Postby MaryNell » Wed May 05, 2004 2:59 am

This may not be the right thread - but does any one know about the James Terrell installation piece in Skibbereen? My hisband and I will be in Ireland for the Bloolmsday celebrations, and after Dublin will be travelling around Cork & Kerry. We heard about the Lis Ard piece - but can't seem to find out if it is open to the public? still open? Location?
Many thanks for any onfo on this -- and does Kevin Roche have any buildings in Ireland?
MaryNell

Re: Cork - Lis Ard

Postby Paul Clerkin » Wed May 05, 2004 3:56 pm

Originally posted by MaryNell
This may not be the right thread - but does any one know about the James Terrell installation piece in Skibbereen? My hisband and I will be in Ireland for the Bloolmsday celebrations, and after Dublin will be travelling around Cork & Kerry. We heard about the Lis Ard piece - but can't seem to find out if it is open to the public? still open? Location?
Many thanks for any onfo on this -- and does Kevin Roche have any buildings in Ireland?

http://www.archeire.com/onsite/lissard/

and no to Roche buildings in Ireland...
Paul Clerkin
Old Master

Postby sw101 » Wed May 05, 2004 7:07 pm

did he not work on busaras for a small while?
sw101

Postby Paul Clerkin » Wed May 05, 2004 7:24 pm

Yes but as he said (in a letter to me a few years back)

Wilfrid Cantwell and Kevin Fox were the primary architectural assistants working with Patrick Scott on this project. Wilfrid was the project manager and planner. Together with Patrick Scott, Kevin was probably the strongest designer involved; Fred Hilton worked in a somewhat lesser role. My contribution was minor as I was engaged in a number of other projects including the bus garages in Donnybrook.
Paul Clerkin
Old Master

Postby sw101 » Wed May 05, 2004 7:36 pm

Ah...shame though. arguably the best we've ever produced and we have nothing to show for it
sw101

Return to Ireland