Croneyism, Clientilism and Corruption

Croneyism, Clientilism and Corruption

Postby vca » Tue Nov 23, 2010 5:16 pm

Eliminate the 3 C's of Croneyism, Clientilism and Corruption with Fintan O' Toole

Get up from your computers and go out there and tell the politicians!

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/opinion/2010/1123/1224283932871.html?sms_ss=facebook&at_xt=4cebbb9c8a44b700,0

or

http://www.fintanotoole.ie
vca

Re: Croneyism, Clientilism and Corruption

Postby rumpelstiltskin » Tue Nov 23, 2010 6:36 pm

Well I would certainly urge everyone on this board to march in protest against this government, at the very least to prove we're no longer going to be silent pawns of their corruption, and that we're finally ready to be engaged democratic citizens. Architects will be affected like everyone else. It's time to unilaterally reject the euro, let anglo irish fail, expel the imf, and reorganize this country on the basis of fairness and equality.
rumpelstiltskin

Postby missarchi » Wed Nov 24, 2010 10:14 am

Don't cry for me Argentina banished the IMF and dealt with the Paris club?
missarchi
Old Master

Postby simon.d » Wed Nov 24, 2010 12:48 pm

rumpelstiltskin wrote:Well I would certainly urge everyone on this board to march in protest against this government, at the very least to prove we're no longer going to be silent pawns of their corruption, and that we're finally ready to be engaged democratic citizens. Architects will be affected like everyone else. It's time to unilaterally reject the euro, let anglo irish fail, expel the imf, and reorganize this country on the basis of fairness and equality.

In the short-term, the bailout needs to be resisted at all costs... 10 billion a year in interest payments just isn't worth it.. Default is the only option and the destruction of our toxic banks, and forcing the wreckless euro banks who blew up this economy with cheap cash to take their share of the responsibility.. We as citizens have a voice in this, our deposits, and if the government show no signs of a structured default, we need to force a chaotic one (and a run on the banks is actually happening quite naturally at the moment anyhow, as per Batt O'Keefes confirmation on Prime Time last night where out of the blue he felt the need to say "Desposits are safe", which when put trough the Fianna Fáil translator means "the banks are fecked and people are taking out their money in droves")...
simon.d

Postby onq » Sun Nov 28, 2010 2:24 pm

Fintan O'Toole makes his money out of Croneyism, Clientilism and Corruption.
He's been complaining about it and writing about it for years to such a degree that if it all vanished tomorrow Fintan would have no clue what to write about.
Fintan's like a policeman, and its a pretty stupid policeman who fails to realize that criminals are what keep him in a job.
So correct me if I'm wrong but we haven't seen too many in-depth exposés from Fintan over the past 20 years or so that have led to massve sive structural changes in Irish Society or Politics now have we?

No we bloody well haven't nor are we likel y to.

I have little truck with politically correct and incredibly naive policies.
Having seen the NCT test being farmed out to a Spanish company, I'm sure many people would now support croneyism if it keep Irish jobs here.

The last thing we need to deal with the cute hoors in Brissels is someone with the mentality of Daniel O'Donnell but with a Charisma Deficit that dwarfs our annual shortfall in the budget.
A degree of knowledge of corruption at least seems to be required to run a country and not have the wool pulled over your eyes at every hand's turn.
Thats why former black hat Hackers get jobs as White hat security consultants - set a thief to catch a thief.

I have few problem with Croneyism, or Clientilism so long as everyone gets a fair crack of the whip.
Currying favour with clients is what architects do, and croneyism is part of every society despite what the suits in Brussels would have you believe.

My response to the thread subject is to look at things in the round.
I suggest we place the focus on competence, reasonable levels of remuneration and full accountability and disclosure.
These are the polar opposites that bridle Croneyism and Clientilism, which will in turn tend to lessen Corruption.
But in terms of the current debacle, focussing on intangibles like "Croneyism, Clientilism and Corruption" is a waste of time.

The Problem:

Money was gambled on a Property Bubble and the Derivatives Markets.
Money was unwisely lent by formerly austere institutions without any regard for probity or common sense.

The Solution:

The bondholders and the deposit holders should not be bailed out by those least able to afford it.
A 10% tax on the Derivatives Market [$14 Quadrillion globally per annum] should be used to pay back the sovereign governments who have bailed out theri banking and finance systems.

The Aftermath:

When sovereign countries aer stabilised, the Derivatives Market needs to be regulated, particularly the Inter Bank Real Time Computer placement of market instructions.
This are transactions triggered by fractional variatiosn in teh market that that occur in microseconds.
These only exacerbate swings in the markets- exactly what traders love, but with no benefit for companies or countries.
Countries of companies don't exist for the benefit of traders - traders are merely hoors selling stocks who need to be put back in their box.

By worldwide legislation, to serve the wider electorate, and quickly.

ONQ.
onq
Old Master

Return to Irish Planning Matters