For Sale Signs

For Sale Signs

Postby wearnicehats » Wed Nov 04, 2009 5:11 pm

my understanding is that "For Sale" signs and the like outside of domestic properties require planning permission if over .6sqm or 775x775mm. There's one near me at least 1200x1200mm

What say we kick estate agents while they're down and petition the enforcement section of DCC accordingly
wearnicehats

Re: For Sale Signs

Postby gunter » Wed Nov 04, 2009 7:15 pm

You know you've hit rock bottom when your last planning application was for a 'FOR SALE' sign ;)

How sad is that? . . . . an architect and an auctioneer going down the road together
gunter
Old Master

Postby wearnicehats » Thu Nov 05, 2009 12:54 am

ok we'll leave it then so. Didn't mean that bit of legislation either .......
wearnicehats

Postby GrahamH » Thu Nov 05, 2009 1:49 am

So if the pie-in-the-sky UNESCO application for Dublin's Georgian squares manages to slip unnoticed through their system, DCC Enforcement will surely have to clamp down on the ever-growing hoards of TO LET signs blooming along the areas' basement wells. Sticking MDF pediments on top doesn't quite make them go away you know. Even independent of any notional World Heritage application, they're becoming a blight in these areas, crudely ranking up along historic streetscapes.
GrahamH
Old Master

Postby Frank Taylor » Mon Nov 09, 2009 11:09 am

Planning and Development Regulations, 2001
specifies the limits for auctioneers' signs to be exempted development.

Schedule 2, Part 2, Class 9

CLASS 9
Advertisements relating to the sale or letting of any structure or other land (not being an advertisement structure) on which they are exhibited.
1. The area of any such advertisement shall not exceed—
(a) in the case of an advertisement relating to the sale or letting of a house, 0.6 square metres,
(b) in the case of an advertisement relating to the sale or letting of any other structure or land, 1.2 square metres.
2. Not more than one such advertisement shall be exhibited on the structure or other land.
3. No such advertisement shall be exhibited, and no advertisement structure erected for the purpose of exhibiting such advertisement shall remain on the structure or land, for more than 7 days after the sale or letting to which the advertisement relates.

If your neighbour is selling a site or a house plus site then maybe they can use the larger size.
Frank Taylor

Postby wearnicehats » Mon Nov 09, 2009 12:32 pm

Frank Taylor wrote:Planning and Development Regulations, 2001
specifies the limits for auctioneers' signs to be exempted development.

Schedule 2, Part 2, Class 9

If your neighbour is selling a site or a house plus site then maybe they can use the larger size.

nah it's just a house. The sign is from a site though. It's not actually a neighbour - I just pass it every day and it - along with all the other visual "noise" around - bothers me, especially if it is non-compliant.
wearnicehats

Postby pico » Mon Nov 09, 2009 12:45 pm

I have often thought about organising a vigilante group, to go round under cover of night, putting an axe to all the oversized or multiple estate agent boards that are illegal.....
pico

Postby missarchi » Mon Nov 09, 2009 11:24 pm

missarchi
Old Master

Postby wearnicehats » Tue Nov 10, 2009 9:02 am

thankfully I don't know what was in that post but I'll bet it was shite
wearnicehats

Postby david le masney » Fri Nov 20, 2009 3:39 pm

what bothers me are the 14 meter trailers dotted around the country with adds for chickens, furniture or hotel bedrooms pasted to the side.
Anybody know the planning validity of these 'temporary' signs????
david le masney

Return to Irish Planning Matters