Architectural Technicians/Technologists signing off on compliance certificates

Architectural Technicians/Technologists signing off on compliance certificates

Postby redmansal » Fri Dec 19, 2008 4:47 pm

Are Architectural Technicians/Technologists legally allowed to sign off on certificates of compliance with building and planning regulations?
redmansal

Re: Architectural Technicians/Technologists signing off on compliance certificates

Postby wearnicehats » Sat Dec 20, 2008 10:10 am

redmansal wrote:Are Architectural Technicians/Technologists legally allowed to sign off on certificates of compliance with building and planning regulations?

no
wearnicehats

Re: Architectural Technicians/Technologists signing off on compliance certificates

Postby henno » Sun Dec 21, 2008 2:52 pm

Where does it state this WNH??

I was informed that CIAT members with MCIAT status can, legally.
henno

Postby JB » Sun Dec 21, 2008 9:43 pm

Since earlier this year Chartered members of CIAT have been recognised by certain banks as being eligible to sign Valuations and Stage Payment Certificates for mortgage purposes. As part of this service, an Opinion on Compliance with Planning and Building Regulations must be furnished to the bank. In addition, the Law Society currently leaves it to the discretion of individual solicitors as to who they choose to accept Certificates of Compliance from, with certain provisions included - the individual must be in practice for ten years at least, must carry professional indemnity insurance, and must provide the relevant document in a format which is acceptable to the Law Society.

It is therefore untrue to say that all Architectural Technicians / Technologists are not legally allowed to sign compliance certs - some can dependent upon the project and the circumstances.
JB

Postby Archie » Sat Dec 27, 2008 1:27 pm

I am an architectural technician and yes I sign off on quite a few certs every year. And just to note that I am not affiliated to or a member of any group or organisation.
Archie

Return to Irish Planning Matters