Are we required to provide details of wastewater management in a planning application

Are we required to provide details of wastewater management in a planning application

Postby prestidigitator » Mon Oct 13, 2008 9:58 am

Hi all :cool: I hope it's not too inappropriate of me to pose such an issue, being my first post

An application was returned invalidated due to having no pipe runs or connections to mains shown on site layout. Are the planning authorities in the wrong as this will delay the applications progress?

I have dug up the Guidelines for Planning Authorities, June 2007 and found in section 3.8 the following:

In relation to the other mandatory documentation under Article 22, planning authorities should take a reasonable approach in validating such documentation. In relation to the requirement that evidence as to the suitability of the site of the site for the proposed system of wastewater dsposal (where it is proposed to dispose of wastewater other than to a public sewer) must be supplied with the application, planning authorities should not be over-rigorous in assessing the adequacy of the evidence for the purposes of validation: further evidence may be sought by way of further information.

I plan on disposing wastewater from the site to a public sewer and ticked the box indicating this on the application form. So, is there any obligation of me to provide a method of wastewater disposal at this (validation) stage? And if possible, please quote me the relevant legislation
prestidigitator

Re: Are we required to provide details of wastewater management in a planning applica

Postby henno » Mon Oct 13, 2008 9:31 pm

prestidigitator wrote:Hi all :cool: I hope it's not too inappropriate of me to pose such an issue, being my first post

An application was returned invalidated due to having no pipe runs or connections to mains shown on site layout. Are the planning authorities in the wrong as this will delay the applications progress?

I have dug up the Guidelines for Planning Authorities, June 2007 and found in section 3.8 the following:

In relation to the other mandatory documentation under Article 22, planning authorities should take a reasonable approach in validating such documentation. In relation to the requirement that evidence as to the suitability of the site of the site for the proposed system of wastewater dsposal (where it is proposed to dispose of wastewater other than to a public sewer) must be supplied with the application, planning authorities should not be over-rigorous in assessing the adequacy of the evidence for the purposes of validation: further evidence may be sought by way of further information.

I plan on disposing wastewater from the site to a public sewer and ticked the box indicating this on the application form. So, is there any obligation of me to provide a method of wastewater disposal at this (validation) stage? And if possible, please quote me the relevant legislation

technically, no...
but theres no point fighting with a pig, it just likes getting dirty!.

simply show the wastewater layout on the site plan and call up 'outfall to public sewer' on it.. and resumbit.

its easier in the long run...
henno

Re: Are we required to provide details of wastewater management in a planning applica

Postby JB » Tue Oct 14, 2008 11:04 am

technically, No...
But Theres No Point Fighting With A Pig, It Just Likes Getting Dirty!.

Brilliant ....
JB

Return to Irish Planning Matters