Bord Pleanala delay

Bord Pleanala delay

Postby Engplan » Wed Jul 23, 2008 8:30 pm

Does anybody know what are the implications if An Bord Pleanala do not determine an appeal, to them by the notified date (ie 18 weeks from date of receipt of appeal) and have not advised those involved. see quote below

S126(3)(a) Planning and Development Act states'the Board shall,by notice in writing served on the parties to the appeal before expiration of that period, inform those parties of the reasons etc'
Engplan

Re: Bord Pleanala delay

Postby ctesiphon » Thu Jul 24, 2008 8:45 am

Have you called them to ask?

The PDA 2000 only states that it is an 'objective', not an obligation, to decide cases within that time period.

Full text of Section 126: http://www.irishstatutebook.ie/2000/en/act/pub/0030/sec0126.html#partvi-chapiii-sec126
ctesiphon
Old Master

Postby Engplan » Thu Jul 24, 2008 10:33 am

I understand that it is and 'objective' and I did speak to them and was told that I would get a letter in due course. My question really relates to the implications if any if they do not inform the parties to the appeal before the expiration of the 18 weeks. In my case the 18 weeks passed without any contact from ABL and it was only when I rang them I was told I would get a letter.
Engplan

Postby Guerlain » Thu Sep 11, 2008 3:48 pm

I have the experience of passing the 18 weeks period, then being extended by 6 weeks and then a further 6 weeks. When I contacted them I was told that it maybe extended further.
What is up with Bord Pleanala, nearly 8 months to determine a simple domestic planning objection. Is this an acceptable level of service.
I read a recent article about planning matters by the head of Bord Pleanala, talk about head in the cloud stuff, nowhere does he mention the frustration and inordinate delays being experienced by Joe public when awating deliberations from APL

Glad we do not measure building activity by how busy APL are.
Guerlain

Return to Ireland