Building Regulations

Building Regulations

Postby lawlorkenny » Tue Jan 23, 2007 12:26 am

Hi

I want to check up on some Building regulations.
Is there a web site that i can check these on?

I have been looking and all i get is a load of bull.

Is there a single version of the Reg. in plain english? Or even a definate set of guidelines?

I wouldn't even bother to ask if there was something that the Goverment might bring (of have brought out) that would explain things?

Thanks.
:(
lawlorkenny

Re: Building Regulations

Postby tungstentee » Tue Jan 23, 2007 1:23 pm

tungstentee

Re: Building Regulations

Postby Bren88 » Sat Jan 27, 2007 4:29 am

lawlorkenny wrote:Hi

Is there a single version of the Reg. in plain english? Or even a definate set of guidelines?

I wouldn't even bother to ask if there was something that the Goverment might bring (of have brought out) that would explain things?

There are 12 diffferent parts to the building regs. I know what you mean about alot of bull, they are very vague. Saying things like you must provide adequete means of escape in event of fire. Most are only a couple of pages long.
That is why the technical guidence documents exist. I suppose that is what you are talking about, something to explain it. The TGDs are more detailed and show different ways to comply with the regs. Many people refer to the TGDs as "the regs". And confuse the two.

The TGDs are also on the page linked above. As long as you are looking into a simle enough issue it wont be hard to find. If its about the insulation, I posted an answer in your other thread, sorry I took a while
Bren88

Return to Irish Planning Matters