open letter to Paul Clerkin

open letter to Paul Clerkin

Postby publicrealm » Fri Nov 17, 2006 1:20 am

Closure of two threads

Paul,

I think Archiseek is a superb website and I can only imagine the time and effort you put in to running it.

However, I have been surprised and disappointed by the closing of two threads by you in the past two days - one related to a new website - which you apparently considered as advertising (?) and the other to an issue regarding poor enforcement by DCC (not surely a controversial issue) which you feared might expose the site to legal action.

I failed to perceive the threat in both cases and would like to have read more. I am considering whether to bother posting in future (no loss perhaps), as my views might not always be orthodox.
publicrealm

Re: open letter to Paul Clerkin

Postby Paul Clerkin » Fri Nov 17, 2006 1:24 am

You are entitled to your opinion. I decided that one post was advertising and not an attempt to get involved with the community here. The other post was brought to my attention by a solicitor who suggested to me that it could definitely lead to a can of worms legally for Archiseek.
Paul Clerkin
Old Master

Postby publicrealm » Fri Nov 17, 2006 2:35 am

At the risk of repeating the libel and damning the site to the Four Courts I submit that the following (the most libellous extract from the second closed post) is hardly unprecedented or controversial:

i wrote to the planner, i wrote to the manager of dublin city council. I have received no answers to my questions surrounding these matters. The architects and engineers for the owner are considered eminent and high powered in this city and the owner is well connected in the buildingg industry. I ask is it possible that this affects enforcement decisions/ i hope not but have to consider it. I ask if anyone can help direct me as lobbying dublin city council is just getting me nowhere. I ask has anyone had similar experiences and what did they do about it? Thanks

I too have written to planners (I'm one myself) and received (gasp!) unsatisfactory answers. (It has even crossed my mind from time to time that others may have more influence than me.)

There; I've said it!

No doubt you too are entitled to your opinion - and to my respect for running such a worthwhile site - but I disagree with you in these cases.
publicrealm

Postby Paul Clerkin » Fri Nov 17, 2006 2:56 am

You are entitled to your opinion
Paul Clerkin
Old Master

Return to Irish Planning Matters