I need help....(swimming pool plans)

I need help....(swimming pool plans)

Postby king of heaven » Sat Feb 25, 2006 7:23 pm

hello everybody,glad to register in your forum,:)
I am student, and I need documentation (plan+elevations+sections) of an Olympic swimming pool, or other...
to remake the structure using another material:o
and this earliest possible
I rely on you ,
you student: THE KING OF HEAVEN
king of heaven

Re: I need help....(swimming pool plans)

Postby SeamusOG » Sat Feb 25, 2006 11:58 pm

This might be a place to start:

http://www.s-parchitects.com

They have designed several pools, including the National Aquatic Centre in Dublin. We're a bit short on Olympic size pools here - three 50m pools in total in the Republic, if I'm not mistaken, though only two of these would be Olympic size (width and length).
SeamusOG

Postby Shad_23 » Sun Feb 26, 2006 1:09 am

:confused: :confused: :confused:
You could also check a Library / Book Store and find a book about Object Standards
I can't remember exactly what it is called, which probably doesn't help out much; but at least it's a start.

-=Shad_23=-
Shad_23

Postby king of heaven » Sun Feb 26, 2006 7:01 pm

hello everybody,
thank you for your assistance, ..but you know it is difficult to find plans, elevations and sections... to work on:o

that s why i asked you to help me........really id'ont know what to do whithout these documents, its SO important for me to get them earliest possible
I tried to contact some agencies in order to have these documents but i couldn t find someone helpful

I think that nobody wants to help the simple student!.....its discouraging :confused:

I will be grateful to those who accept to help me to find these documents :o

I RELY ON YOU
YOUR STUDENT: (king of heaven).
king of heaven

Postby DJM » Mon Feb 27, 2006 1:32 am

Is it specific sets of dwgs you're looking for, or just guidelines on the layout, dims etc?

A very limited amount of info on the latter can be found in the "Metric Handbook - Planning & Design Data" published by the Architectural Press.

It doesn't sound like what you're after, but check it out just to be sure.

Have you tried contacting any Local Authoritys? They may have drawings of pool complexes if they're responsible for their running / maintenance, but they ain't gonna be Olympic sized!

Best of luck in your quest...:)
DJM

Postby SeamusOG » Mon Feb 27, 2006 4:02 am

You might also try FINA, the organisation which runs pool swimming worldwide. I'd imagine they might be able to help you with the basic requirements of an olympic swimming pool.

For example, an olympic sized pool is very slightly longer than 50m. This is to allow for the insertion of temporary pressure pads at each end of the pool during a competition. As a swimmer reaches the end of the pool they will touch the pad and the time it has taken them to swim the length of the pool will be recorded. (This gives accurate measurement of who has finished the race first, and also provides figures during a 100-1500m race which lets viewers see whether a swimmer is tiring, getting faster, etc.).

There was a case a few years ago, if I recall correctly it was in Luxembourg, where a pool which was exactly 50m long was built. Unfortunately, that pool was useless from the point of view of competitions, as the distance between pressure pad and pressure pad was only 49.something metres, and therefore no meaningful competitions could ever be held there and no records set there could ever be recognised. That's a serious waste of money for something which holds over half a million gallons of water.:rolleyes:
SeamusOG

Postby Bren88 » Mon Feb 27, 2006 1:47 pm

Seamus O'G wrote:There was a case a few years ago, if I recall correctly it was in Luxembourg, where a pool which was exactly 50m long was built. Unfortunately, that pool was useless from the point of view of competitions, as the distance between pressure pad and pressure pad was only 49.something metres, and therefore no meaningful competitions could ever be held there and no records set there could ever be recognised. That's a serious waste of money for something which holds over half a million gallons of water.:rolleyes:

Alot of pools are built so that they are 49 or 51 metres and so not usable for competions. This is normally private pools such as gyms or health clubs. Where the owner doesn't want to be forced into a position where he would have to hold competions. Irelands first 50m pool, Wasn't really 50metres.
Bren88

Postby SeamusOG » Mon Feb 27, 2006 6:17 pm

Bren88 wrote:Alot of pools are built so that they are 49 or 51 metres and so not usable for competions. This is normally private pools such as gyms or health clubs. Where the owner doesn't want to be forced into a position where he would have to hold competions. Irelands first 50m pool, Wasn't really 50metres.

Interesting. I'd certainly known that that kind of thing was true of shorter pools, i.e., around the 25 metre range. Many "serious" swimmers will do their training based around swimming 25, 50, 75, 100 metre batches, so they find it more difficult to operate in, say, a 22 metre pool. Many gym operators do not want these people (for a variety of reasons, e.g., they can cause disillusionment among more casual swimmers:D ) so they deliberately build a 17 metre pool or a 22 metre pool to make it less attractive to "serious" swimmers.
SeamusOG

Postby king of heaven » Tue Feb 28, 2006 1:07 am

Happy to see all these replays......but
I couldn t have what I want :confused:
I didn t find a solution to my problem yet:o :o :o I do my best but....i need help!!!
king of heaven

Return to Irish Planning Matters