Laois Blanket Rezonings

Re: Laois Blanket Rezonings

Postby dreamtc » Fri Oct 27, 2006 6:22 pm

did anyone take a look at what the Laois councillors proposed. Sure, ther's a dearth of good masterplans and village plans but there is NO zoning objective in Ireland which enforces such measures before the development.
They must preceed the zoning in the first place. However, just because Laois Co.Co. enables the building of residential units does not mean a rush of everybody to live there. Villages should, with suitable community input, be able to expand in a controlled and planned way and not be limited in this because they happen to be within an hour's drive of Dublin. There are more aspirant residents than just Dublin commuters. I think this decision by Roche IS political. He is trying to hold together a spatial strategy that is a sham. Remember, this is the guy who brought in the gombeen's charter for one-off housing. He is planning's nemesis
dreamtc

Postby redstar » Mon Oct 30, 2006 11:40 pm

This is a purely political decision. Laois Co Co is controlled by a rainbow grouping led by Fine Gael. Even the PD guy votes in line with this grouping. It is accepted that too much land was rezoned, bu the County Plan looks reasonable enough. Plenty of controls are included such as provison of services and schools.

Is this not better than the situation in Meath, Kildare and Wicklow? Proper planning will go no-where in this Country until Roche is removed from his position of ineptness.:mad:
Bring back Dempsey.
redstar

Postby Barry Hall » Tue Oct 31, 2006 3:39 pm

At least it led to something I never thought I'd see - Kieran Cuffe and Dick Roche on radio agreeing with each other.
Barry Hall

Previous

Return to Irish Planning Matters