Architecture Courses in Ulster or Scotland

World architecture... what's happening generally....

Architecture Courses in Ulster or Scotland

Postby acousticer » Thu Feb 26, 2009 6:04 pm

Hi just wondering what type of reputation do these colleges have......good or bad.......and would it be worth my while considering going to college there??

appreciate any replys.
acousticer

Re: Architecture Courses in Ulster or Scotland

Postby adrian5987 » Fri Feb 27, 2009 3:03 pm

in terms of how highly rated they are Queens in Belfast and Dundee in Scotland are the best. I know a lad in Dundee who started this year and he seems to think the course is pretty good. There is Aberdeen and University of Ulster too but i dont think they are rated as highly as the other two.
plus you might also want to remember the £3000stg fee per year for the North,(still gonna be less that the Republic in a few years) and then you stil have to pay for materials, accomodation etc. no fees in scotland last i heard at least
adrian5987

Postby acousticer » Sat Feb 28, 2009 6:41 pm

thanks......might be worth considering so(minus the part about the fees:P!!
acousticer

Postby Royal Fritz » Thu Mar 05, 2009 1:13 am

I'm studying my MArch at UU. Also completed by BA in UU. It's a great course and young. When I was completing 2nd year the undergrad was applying for RIBA validation. We received 4 years unconditional accreditation, a very respectable accolade.

The MArch is going for validation this year and I guarantee we will get it. Great tutors and as we are a young course we do things a little different. We are based in an Art college and have access to numerous workshops etc. as well as being in an artistic environment. Coupled with that we have the school of the built environment in Jordenstown who have a great reputation, especially in regards to research.

I would recommend it. I have to say though, and it's a little embarrassing, I know next to nothing about the Queens Architecture department. Bound to be someone on the forum who attends or has attended.
Royal Fritz

Return to World Architecture